Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Knottyrope's Blackberry Premium Multimedia Headset review

Well Last night was fun listening to my music. I was able to finally play with my Blackberry Premium Multimedia Headset. Although it shows 4.6 OS needed it worked fine on a worn beatup 8300 Curve on OS 4.5 that works as a MP3 player on the patio. Music was nice and loud once the first song played, it actually hurt with the boost feature enabled. I listened to many different songs and the treble was crisp. I was most impressed with the bass on my ears, even though it could not be felt it in my chest, it was deep and full of low end goodness.

The controls are at a nice height and not in they way (nice clip came with it for that issue) while I cleaned my garage up. The controls worked very well shifting from one song to the next. Volume controls produced no side effects while adjusting it. Best feature I liked is changing songs with one click instead of waiting for the screen to come up on the curve.

The ear pieces fit nice and were comfortable for 90 minutes which is more than I use any headset for.

I was unable to test call functionality at this time.

Available here

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category&page=product_d...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Knottyrope's Blackberry Premium Multimedia Headset review

Excellent review knotty!

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Was able to test last night on a borrowed smart phone and was impressed with what I heard. Nice and clear!

When I turned my head away from the mic I was not heard to well. The clip that came with it solved most of it by keeping it in front of me instead of letting it hang to the side. While I was in my garage with a ceiling fan on high, the person I called was unable to hear it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
flyvmc
My Device: Not Specified

I LOVED it.... past tense; and will again if they get the software updated! I installed 5.0.0.3 and now the only button that works is the pause/play.... No volume control, no fwd or back control anymore. Does Blackberry know about this? I want my headset to work again; HELP!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Installed 5.0.0.3 on what?

What device?

Contributor
mrspock2002
My Device: Not Specified

Storm 2 here.  Only button that works is play/pause.  Spend all this money for the controls and the only thing that works is 1 button.  Thanks RIM!

jcampbell3
My Device: storm 2

Was there a solution to this problem? I just ordered these headphones and had the same problem. I sent them back thinking they were defective. I received the replacement today and they do the sam thing, only play / pause button works. In the user guide it says this will happen when the internal battery dies. You can't change the battery. Once it's dead so are the options on the headphones. I hope this isn't the problem with the new ones.

vincent2525
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

I just bought a Blackberry Torch 9810 and the Blackberry Premium Multimedia Headset and I am having the same problem.  The only button that works is the play/pause button.  I have tried several other headsets (Bose, etc.) and they have the same problem.  The play/pause button is the only one that works. 

Contributor
augidog
My Device: Torch 9810

i have a "regular" included headset...one button on the mic...and i CANNOT find basic info about how to use.

they sound pretty doggone good, but the button does weird stuff...if i don't know how it's supposed to work, how can i tell if it's working properly?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

vincent2525 wrote:

I just bought a Blackberry Torch 9810 and the Blackberry Premium Multimedia Headset and I am having the same problem.  The only button that works is the play/pause button.  I have tried several other headsets (Bose, etc.) and they have the same problem.  The play/pause button is the only one that works. 

I will test this on my 9810 tonight.