Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
jrpervorse
My Device: 9800 Torch; OS 6.0 Bundle 2342

MicroSD cards

The Blackberry site says that the phones use a microSD card.

Will a microSDHC card work?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: MicroSD cards

Hello,

Yes...the only difference, in the scenario you have laid out, is that HC stands for High Capacity (according to the Wiki, the breakpoint is either 2GB or 4GB). Depending on the OS level you are running, your BB may or may not support an HC card (given your model, it likely will handle up to 32GB, but it's impossible to say for sure with what you've so far said).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrpervorse
My Device: 9800 Torch; OS 6.0 Bundle 2342

Thanks for the info.

According to the website and manual, mine will handle a 32 GB card.  I just wan not sure about the HC.

Didn't want to open the package until I knew it should work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunny8987
My Device: 8520

[ Edited ]

I use a Sandisc microsdhc card 16GB without any problems.:Cool2:

Please use plain text.
Tony54
My Device: Bb storm 9530

Hi, How do I delete the contacts on my micro ad using my bb storm 9530? After which, I want to copy the contacts on my phone to my sim card. Anyone? Thanks a lot.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Tony54 wrote:
Hi, How do I delete the contacts on my micro ad using my bb storm 9530? After which, I want to copy the contacts on my phone to my sim card. Anyone? Thanks a lot.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

1) your contacts are not on your micro sd card, so there is no process to delete them from there.

2) Copying your contacts to your SIM card will sacrafice much functionality. For instance, the BB address book can have one name with multiple telephone numbers. The SIM can have only one name and number together. If you have a contact, on your BB, with one name and multiple numbers, it will wind up on your SIM as many entries, one for each number you have for that person. But, nevertheless:

• KB04205 Copy a contact to your SIM phone book

Yes, you read it correctly...it is one at a time...given the hobbled functionality, I believe that RIM felt it not necessary to provide a mass copy routine. If you are attempting to get your contacts somewhere else, there are much better methods than using the SIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.