Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Playbook

Mini Keyboard Troubles...

I am having trouble getting a connection to the mini keyboard. When I am in the middle of typing a sentince the connection drops out or it doesn't respond with the correct letter, also has trouble connecting when playbook is turned on. Is this a Bluetooth problem? Any way to fix this?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Mini Keyboard Troubles...

[ Edited ]

What make of keyboard? Someone may have tried it.  There's a lot of far-eastern junk out there on ebay that may be just rubbish (trash). 

My Device: Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Playbook

Its a Blackberry brand keyboard
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and PlayBook

I'm having the same problem. Someone on another forum suggested deleting the pairing profile on the PlayBook and keyboard, and going through the reconnection process again. This has resulted in the PlayBook-keyboard connection staying on for longer, but it seems every couple of minutes or so, it cuts out and I have to turn the keyboard on and off to re-establish the connection.

Other advice has included holding down the blue "sym" key to reconnect. However, aside from being a nuisance, it doesn't work for me. My next resort will be to email support, which is apparently minikeyboardsupport@rim.com.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and PlayBook

And it seems that no one is watching the minikeyboardsupport@rim.com inbox, so it looks like RIM has jettisoned this product... We're on our own.