Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
brebose
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Rogers

Mini Keyboard accents & symbols issue

Hi,

I really Ɩіkе thе mini keyboard except fοr thе way tο enter accented caracters, іt doesn”t seems tο work Ɩіkе іt ѕhουƖԁ. Fοr exemple pressing one аt thе time Alt + , + c give mе ,ç thеn I hаνе tο ɡο back аnԁ take out thе superfluous comma іn front οf thе ç. Very annoying.

Dοеѕ anyone ɡοt thе accents аnԁ symbols key sequence working Ɩіkе thеу ѕhουƖԁ or is it somthing in the apps that need tio be fixed ?

Thanks

Pierre

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Mini Keyboard accents & symbols issue

Hi brebosei and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

To type special characters and accented letters on your BlackBerry® smartphone, simply hold down the letter and scroll left or right to see alternate versions of that letter.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brebose

Hi,

This work well for a Blackberry smartphone, but this is an issue with the Blackberry Playbook with the bluetooth mini keyboard.

Thanks anyway

Pierre

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Cmdtace
My Device: Bold 9790 + Playbook + Mini-Keyboard
My Carrier: Bell

I have  the same problem....

When i make de ç on my playbook when i use the Blackberry Mini-keyboeard that's waht i see:  ,ç

So i have to back up to delete the cedilla before the C... its the same when i want to make a acute...

And it's impossible to make: circumflex and grave.

Thanks and i wait for your support!!!

Please use plain text.
multico
My Device: Playbook and bold 9700

Hi

I have the exact problem. I carefully follow the instructions in the manual and the result is awefull.

Please help us

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brebose

Hi,

I have returned the keyboard to La Source before the end of my 30 days refund period after speaking to RIM Tech support.

The technician told me that they knew there was issues with french layout keyboard and that a fix was being studied. I told him that the issue wasn't with the lack of a french keyboard but with the key sequence for the special caracters. His answer was "Same thing, we are aware but I don't know when a fix will be available"

I didn't take any chance....

Pierre

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brebose

Hi,

I have returned the keyboard to La Source before the end of my 30 days refund period after speaking to RIM Tech support.

The technician told me that they knew there was issues with french layout keyboard and that a fix was being studied. I told him that the issue wasn't with the lack of a french keyboard but with the key sequence for the special caracters. His answer was "Same thing, we are aware but I don't know when a fix will be available"

I didn't take any chance....

Pierre

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jgelinas
My Device: Storm 9550, Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: Telus Mobilité

Same here...

I noticed this bug does not happen when writing on Doc to Go, and when writing an email Object field (though in the message field, it's there). That makes me think the problem is on the Playbook side, though I'm sure they could patch something up on the mini-keyboard as well.

Most of the time, I just write my emails in Doc to Go because of that, and cut and paste it in the email app, but otherwise it's quite frustrating. Hopefully we'll see something in OS 2.1 . 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
denveill
My Device: Bold 9900

Yes there is some problems with the french accent on the mini-keyboard for playbook? When the next update to resolve it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lemondourge
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Videotron

The Bluetooth Playbook external keyboard don't type the accent properly and the latest OS release 2.1.0.1088 don't correct it. 
The special character set key to make the accent is duplicate when trying a letter with an accent . There are 2 examples: 
if you want é you have to type the Alt key and ' and the letter e and it give not é 
same thing for à it give not à. 

This is very annoying for french writing and make the external keyboard useless. I'm thinking to buy another keyboard....

Please use plain text.