Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
SMK1
My Device: Blackberry

Move photos from Blackberry to laptop

I have an Blackberry that is 1.5 yrs old and I'd like to download photos from the Blackberry to my laptop.  I've been emailing them but that takes too long. 

Is there a cord I can buy to plug into my Blackberry that will also plug into the USB on the laptop to transfer the photos?

Thanks

Contributor
techahead
My Device: Blackberry z10

Re: Move photos from Blackberry to laptop

Step one

Start by making sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager is installed on your PC. If its not, in can be downloaded from BlackBerry's website.
Step two

Connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the USB cable that was bundled with it.
Step three

BlackBerry Desktop Manager should launch automatically. If not, press Start and select the program from the list. Once the software has launched, Select Media Manager from the list of options.
Step four

You'll be presented with a Windows explorer style window. From the My Devices section of the window, click the Picture folder and then select the images you want to transfer to your PC.
Step five

Now, either select My Media or the tab with a folder icon on it (this allows you to select a specific folder from your hard drive) and then drag these images into the window opposite. They will now be transferred to your PC.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/3301882/how-to-transfer-photos-from-a-blackberry-smar...

or follow the instructions here

http://www.rickysays.com/how-to-transfer-pictures-from-blackberry-to-computer

New Contributor
SMK1
My Device: Blackberry

Any idea where I can buy a cable?  I either didn't get one with the Blackberry or lost it.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello SMK1,

you need a cable that is USB on one side (for your PC) and micro-usb on the other side (provided your BlackBerry is recent enough). You can get one for USD 1.00 at Amazon.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: