Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
scottfree1
My Device: vm-605
Accepted Solution

No Fm with vm-605?

I can pair, hear music on internal speaker,  change the language but get nothing from pressing/holding the fm button or holding the + vol trying to the change freqs?  Wanted to try resetting it but the only thing resembling a reset hole is under the On button to the right but their doesn't seem to be a button in there, others describe it being near the usb and the manual doesn't say anything? Blue to fm  was the only reason I bought this any ideas?

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: No Fm with vm-605?

Hey scottfree1,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

The reset hole is located on the back of the BlackBerry VM-605 above the left corner of the label/sticker, we would suggest using a paper clip or pin to reset. 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
scottfree1

I ordered a new one, hopefully with better result, the only thing I can find that resembles a reset hole on the current unit is in right corner from this perspective

http://cdn-store.smartphoneexperts.com/images/product_images/accessories/additional_images/5329/larg...

Could you post a pic showing exactly where I should look assuming this is not it?

New Contributor
scottfree1

Ok new one arrived and exact same thing? Am I an **bleep** or are these things just defective? Found the reset on the new one and no help. This one is even less funtional I can pair with blue, but can't get into lang or fm settings, and no send to fm, seems no one has any ideas?

New Contributor
scottfree1

Ok, apperently this is an android issue, I updated from honeycomb to ics or -dambazz names android 3.2 to 4.0 and this seems to have fixed the issue, 4.0 shows phone audio and media audio options where as 3.2 only showed media under options. So solved..

DrJag00
My Device: Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605

I have the same problem. I have a Walkman that I'd like to listen to through my car speakers, but after pairing nothing happens when I press the FM button. I can play it through the crappy internal speaker, but no FM. When I pair my phone to the device, it works exactly as advertized, transmitting to FM. But when I pair the Walkman, it's a no-go. Trying scottfree1's idea, I've attempted a reset (I found the hole/button), but no change.

New Contributor
scottfree1

I found if you pair a phone and the item you are having the problem with then you can stream both of them, kind of a pain but it works.