Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Otterbox Defender case for Blackberry 8330

Might want to buy a spare Otterbox, you may just wear out the one you have.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SPSullivan82
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

this may just me being picky, but when you say "both survived just fine" does it mean structurally sound, or made it through without any visible damage to either.  I dont tend to drop my phone hardly ever, but throwing it onto a tool box or a workbench (im a mechanic) tends to happen no matter how many times I tell myself not to.  I had a generic rubber cover, and that quickly wore out.  My battery cover is starting to get scratched as I am too lazy and cheap to waste my money on another one like it.  I have heard great things about these so I started looking for actual reviews.  Which brings me to this question.

Just so crazy fanatics dont wet the bed at night with the thought of a monster throwing a 90mph fast ball with the BB, I only lightly toss it from a foot or so away.  I'm no Roger Clemens, so rest easy..... easier anyway  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mog22
My Device: Not Specified

It was fine - both structurally and physically - the rubber sleeve that goes over the outside of the hard shell was also intact, got a little dirty, but wiped clean. I have since dropped it at least half a dozen times on pavement from chest height and still no problems.  Throwing it on a workbench should be no problem.  If you are worried you could always place a piece of foam on the bench to aim for!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SPSullivan82
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

I actually had a clean safe area for my phone, pack of smokes, drinks, or what have you.  That lasted maybe an hour of working and BAM it was invaded by tools, grease etc.  LOL

If this case stands up to the abuse, it may be my next investment.  Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.