Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Contributor
papped
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Over-charging battery

You can't overcharge it.  You don't want to leave the device routinely connected to a power supply for a majority of the time though, as the battery health will decrease over time (this happens to laptops quite frequently where people leave it on the AC adapter all the time and the battery sits idle at full charge most of the time).

Odds of doing that on a smartphone are kind of low anyways though.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

papped wrote:

You can't overcharge it.  You don't want to leave the device routinely connected to a power supply for a majority of the time though, as the battery health will decrease over time (this happens to laptops quite frequently where people leave it on the AC adapter all the time and the battery sits idle at full charge most of the time).

Odds of doing that on a smartphone are kind of low anyways though.

may laptop battery still works for about 3.5 hours just like it did 2 years ago. I keep my phone on a charger for about 8 hours when sleeping.

I dont see how leaving it in a charger will kill it. It wont charge more than the voltage it reaches

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
papped
My Device: Bold 9900

Battery health isn't about overcharging or voltage
Please use plain text.