Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook

PlayBook + Bluetooth car stereo = ???

Has anyone here tried binding the PlayBook to their car stereo via Bluetooth? If so, what was the result? Were you able to play music through your car's speakers?

/bw
New Contributor
My Device: Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: PlayBook + Bluetooth car stereo = ???

i kno!

Contributor
My Device: 9650, Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I was able to pair portable bluetooth speakers but the bluetooth properties showed no available services, so no joy there either.  Seems like we need a OS upgrade that has the bluetooth stack for stereo audio.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: att

I tried pairing it with my pioneer system.  also no joy.  at first I thought it was because my torch was paired with it, so I took it out of the equation.   still no luck.  I hope they give us an update that will fix this. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

it does not support not support blackberry BT audio devices yet. i am awaiting this support as well. give it a few and it should came. this is a must have feature.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I purchased the Playbook specifically for this functionality so I hope that this is something that we can expect to see.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Haha, I can't believe this isn't part of the BT functionality in the PlayBook. Just another reason to wait to buy it. Unbelievable, what a rushed product. I'm trying hard to love it but the problem is RIM is behind it and they listen to nobody. I feel like Lazaridis is in the design lab telling people what to do with the interface and functionality. Get some real user feedback already!

New Contributor
My Device: 25fa6e78&9300
My Carrier: gprs wifi

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth was able to find the Hyundai stereo but there is no way that I could find to get the Playbrick to look like an audio streaming device so the car never was able to sync up. I work at a dealership and all the Blackberry phones can stream mp3 or radio Pandora etc wirelessly through the car stereo as a separate function from the phone......ie the device can be accessed through the mode button or media button on car stereo after it is paired. . As can the iProducts and many Androids. So seems to be a Playbricks lack of whatever hardware / software as causing the difficulty in being recognized as an audio stream.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook
My Carrier: VIVO

So, is it still not possiple to get stereo audio out of bluetooth devices connected to a PlayBook? I am running OS version 1.0.7.2942 and get the error "No Services" when I pair the tablet with my car stereo or headset.