Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Contributor
karlaporter
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Playbook charging Pod Issue

Who is the contact for a charging pod issue? I have beeen shut down by customer support after many emails and calls. It started draining my battery rather than charging it and I was told that there is no support since it didn't come in the 'kit".  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mprado
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Playbook charging Pod Issue

Is this a BlackBerry charging Pod or a different manufacturer?

"Lost in space in search of a cosmic gate"
Momo
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karlaporter

Made by BlackBerry - Even customer support asked the same question. 

http://store.shopblackberry.com/Product/BlackBerry-PlayBook-Charging-Pod/ACC-39340-303 

Purchased at Best Buy but their return policy is 30 days. They told me to contact the manufacturer. That hasn't worked out at all...

I would really like the email address for Charles Koskovich so I could forward the many emails that would help him to identify 'areas of opportunity' with support staff... 

Charels... step forward please. I promise not to yell.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mprado

I hate cases like this.  So let me get this straight, BlackBerry Technical Support told you they cannot help you out since the charger didn't come with the "kit", I assume they are referring to the "boxed PlayBook kit".  In this case, a different department should be able to take care of this, not the BlackBerry Technical Support department.  Try calling BlackBerry Customer Service again and have them figure which department you need to be transferred to in order to have this issue solved.

May be a silly question, but have you called the number on the box of the charge instead?

Momo
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karlaporter

I have specifically asked in writing for the contact for accessory support and it has not been provided to me. There is no number on the box however the address is the Canadian Ontario address and I have spoken to customer support there many times. I have spent approximately 2 hours in phone conversations and have a lengthy thread of 10 email exchanges. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mprado

A workaround would be to go buy a new charger and simply return the new package with the faulty charger, it might just save you the frustration and timely situation you are going through.

Momo
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karlaporter

Holy crow... I never would have thought of that one... Too easy. Thanks, that's what I'll do but it is sad that it has to be ths way.

I would still like someone from RIM to respond.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mprado

Sad for sure, but life is rarely in black and white.  Good luck!

Momo
Please use plain text.
Contributor
georgekGR
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

regarding your comment solely would like to say that it is a shame to see that lately the customer support is not as resolving as it should with us average bb clients.... yes clients and not customers RIM please keep this in mind i am a bb lover but since my last year 4 digid spendings on bb products i must say i too feel a bit let down by aftersales. sorry this happened to you karla. let us know how it goes. 

all the best and keep the spirits up! 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i had dirty contacts on mine and used a pencil eraser to wipe them clean, then used a lint free cloth to remove any eraser particles. Works well for me now.

Maybe it can work for you

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.