Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
SPicard
My Device: Playbook 32gb

Rapid Charging Stand

I'm looking to buy the Rapid Charging Stand and I have noticed that there is 2 different model number:

ACC-39340-103 and ACC-39340-303

What is the difference between the 2 models?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

Re: Rapid Charging Stand

Not sure, I looked at the model number on mine and it's completely different but I don't have the original box. I would guess that it has to do with the power cord plug. I have all the chargers and because the BB Journal case I use prevents it from fitting the stand charger (needs to be removed from the case first) I use the regular rapid charger. The wall power cords on both are real heavy duty (which I don't think is necessary) so it's a little inconvenient to carry around even in a briefcase so when I travel I use the original charger. Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SPicard
My Device: Playbook 32gb

I bought the ACC-39340-103 from PureMobile.ca, it's the same model as the one from Staples.

I thought I had a great deal at 31.99$ but the deal is even better now at 18.49$ (26.76 plus taxes, shipping and promo code).

One thing I'm wondering though; it is indicated on the web site "Phasing Out - End of Life".

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vobadia
My Device: 9900

where did you find the desktop charger at this price? anywhere look i can NOT find anything cheaper than 50$
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

I picked one up for I think $18 at Staples, I was just in there one day and a couple of the PB accessories were on un-advertised special. I questioned the price but they said it was valid so I bought it.  I really don't like it because I have to take the PB out of the Journal case to use it. Of all the chargers I use the Rapid Charger the most, I just leave it on the counter and charge my wife's and mine as needed. The magnetic plug works great and it's fast. I just wish the power cord wasn't as heavy duty. The same on the Desktop Charger, for the amperage the charger uses they don't need a cord to power a toaster.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vobadia
My Device: 9900

ok good to know! i'm for sure not paying full price for it... :smileysad:
puremobile has good deals on lots of stuff tho...

ill keep my eyes open for a deal on them!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kelberry
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I saw one on Ebay.ca but I am not sure which model it was.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

i sadly would recommend against this stand. It looks nice but it doesnt work that well. Sometimes the pins dont touch and you end up with a playbook depleted of power. The rapid charger (which is usually even cheaper) seems liek a better solution

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

There is difference between the rapid charger and the rapid charging stand. I like the rapid charger but dislike the rapid charger stand. See previous posts. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Rapid Charging Stand has been working well for me, once in a while some dust get on it and needs to be cleaned to charge. I clean it once a month now with lint free cloth.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.