Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re-synch VM 605 w/ Blackberry Curve 8330

So when I leave my car for a period of time the auto-off feature in my VM605 shuts off the speakerphone after two minutes.

Returning to the car I find I must turn the VM605 back on and again pair my phone with the VM 605 before the speakerphone will work.

Also, if I don't pair my phone with theVM605 it will shut down again after two minutes even though the phone it is been paired with is in range of the VM605. It's like the pairing operation gets "lost" after the VM 605 is powered down either manually or after the auto off function.

In other words, Is it normal for the VM 605 to have to be paired with my phone every time I turn it on after it has been powered off for a period of time?

Any input from forum members would be much appreciated.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Re-synch VM 605 w/ Blackberry Curve 8330

[ Edited ]

georgie1939 wrote:
Is it normal for the VM 605 to have to be paired with my phone every time I turn it on after it has been powered off for a period of time?

No, this is not normal.

Please don't post a new thread on this very closely related topic each day.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Accessories/VM-605-Time-Out/m-p/383464

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Re-synch VM 605 w/ Blackberry Curve 8330

J. Sanders,

Thanks for your reply

So how can I keep my VM605 and my Blackberry Curve 8330  in synch so that when I return to my car I don't have to pair the two all over again?

I have followed all of the instructions in both the VM 605 Users Manual and my Blackberry 8330 Users Guide to make verify and make sure all of the settings are compatible with both devices.

(discovery, encryption, etc) so I am kind of stumped as to where to go next.

I'm sure it's probably just a setting that I am not getting correct that's preventing the two from linking up without having to pair each time.

Once they are in synch they work just fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.