Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Contributor
lstoch
My Device: 9700

Re: Stylus for Playbook?

But do you have to apply pressure? when I tried the Griffin on the iPad, it was so sensitive, no pressure was necessary. That is what I'm looking for on the playbook.
Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

Does the hard candy stylus have a hard tip? All the stylus I have tried have a soft, hollow rubber tip and you have to press down real hard to get them to register on the screen. Not real handy for writing at all..
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

no pressure at all
Light taps are only needed.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

soft tip but it feels more like apen in hand and you are using the side of the tip more.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
lstoch
My Device: 9700

Great - I'll check whether I can try one out locally - I'm based in South Africa.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

there are two kinds of stylus, each belonging to a type of touchscreen. the first kind is hard, while the second kind is soft (like rubber). The PlayBook can be used with soft stylus.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
taylor96
My Device: Blackberry Playbook model RDJ21WW

Indigo carry a stylus in their store. saw a couple of different ones there today.. look like they would work well. soft tio and all. may get one..

here is link

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/gifts/Touch-Screen-Stylus/5060043062118-item.html?ikwid=stylus&ikwsec=...

Trusted Contributor
Zildjian71
My Device: Blackberry Z10 White, PlayBook 16g & 64g

Hey Knottyrope, I've looked at that stylus at Crackberry as well but do you have any real use experience with it? Or does anyone else have any real stylus experience with the PB? Please let us know...tnx.

My Device: Playbook 16 gig

IMO I have found with the rubbery stylus that you sometimes have to charge the tip by doing a light drag across a non active part of the screen which tends to build up a charge. Then you can be very gentle and accurate in selecting a small target. The rubber is conductive and does build up a charge which unlike your fingers which always has one.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

I use this one:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/aluminum-alloy-touchpad-stylus-pen-for-apple-ipad-ipad-2-black-57797 

Cheap and works like you would expect. 

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!