Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
jerbele
My Carrier: US Cellular

Re: Tour 9630 battery drains extremely quick after updating BlackBerry software to v5.0.0

I've done all of the above always to my 9630 as far as closing out of everything properly, bluetooth off, gps off, battery pull, ect.....and still the battery always drains fast and internet still goes extremely slow. downloading anything from the internet take forever as well. this stuff all worked fine before the 5.0 update when it was 4.7.......but i can't decide if i want to wait it out for a fix cause the new stuff they put on it was all sweet except for the problems everybody is talking about here. does anybody know about or heard a software update/fix for this and when?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jerbele

Re: Tour 9630 battery drains extremely quick after updating BlackBerry software to v5.0.0

anybody?...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jerbele

Well I figured out that if you DO NOT do a battery pull reset for a couple days the internet goes back to normal speed??? As far as the battery draining super fast...I don't know? Battery still goes super fast. I know it sounds strange but my internet goes nice and speedy now. I've tried this a couple times and everytime I pull the battery after a couple days and it starts up...stupid thing goes so slow its insane on the internet. Blackberry PLEASE come up with a fix for this v5.0.0 nonsense! I am thinking about switching to a whole different phone if there is not a fix in the next month, I can not put up with this for much longer. Phone is darn near useless besides texting and calling....well calling smokes the battery too so not that either I guess lol.

Please use plain text.
babigyrl5
My Carrier: Sprint

I had that problem too- when I dowloaded the updates, my phone started draining battery power soooo fast. My internet is slower too. It is very frustrating, I am about to delete aps I have had forever just to stop this. It makes me not want to download updates every again...

Please use plain text.
tjindel

I have Tour 9630 Tour and facing the same battery problem  I have to charge 3 - 4 times in a day . I have even bought a new battery but still the problem persists .. I have checked that all the applications are closed ...

Please Help

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

tjindel wrote:

I have Tour 9630 Tour and facing the same battery problem  I have to charge 3 - 4 times in a day . I have even bought a new battery but still the problem persists .. I have checked that all the applications are closed ...

Please Help

What OS are you on?

What apps do you have installed?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ManojChhatlani
My Carrier: Reliance

Hi

I have also been using 9630 Tour and facing the same problem of battery drained quickly and need to charge thrice or more in a day.

Also, i am unable to take a backup of my device while connecting with my PC. It doesn't recognise my device. Please help.

Manoj

Please use plain text.
tg95909
My Carrier: Verizon

I too have this same issue. However, for me the phone automatically reboots while I'm on the phone talking to someone. It is very frustrating. I think I will downgrade to the earlier software until they work out the software issues with v5.0

Please use plain text.