Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

lesliehfox
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: VM 605 FAILURES

I am having the same problems.  Does anyone know if there is a hard reset or a firmware update?

Or a customer service number to call?

thanks -

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
dannytobin
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange UK

I have just encountered a problem with my vm-605 whilst toying around with it. The thing froze up and all the lights come on.

If you look at the back of the device just to the left above the label is a hole. Gently poke with a paperclip until you here a faint click. 

This has fixed my problem!!

lesliehfox wrote:

I am having the same problems.  Does anyone know if there is a hard reset or a firmware update?

thanks -

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

dannytobin wrote:

I have just encountered a problem with my vm-605 whilst toying around with it. The thing froze up and all the lights come on.

If you look at the back of the device just to the left above the label is a hole. Gently poke with a paperclip until you here a faint click. 

This has fixed my problem!!

lesliehfox wrote:

thanks -

Nice find, thanks for sharing.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
inov808
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am helping someone with a BOLD and VM-605 that keeps showing the call light instead of the link light when connected.  They can not initiate a call from the VM-605 in this condition. 

I have tried the paper clip reset, deleting and re-pairing and come back with the same call light on condition.  I have successfully paired my 8530 to the VM-605, and have swapped my VH-605 with his while I try to shake the problem out.

When he paired to my VM-605 he got the same indication, but was able to make a call.  After the call was terminated, the link light came on and the call light went out.  I will see if this continues to work for him, and see if his VM-605 works with my 8530.

I would appreciate any guidance or recommendations.

Walt

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

When was the last time you looked for a OS upgrade on the Bold?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
BiGGK
My Device: Blackberry 9630
My Carrier: MTS

mbpasc wrote:

After working properly for two weeks, my VM-605 is acting weird.  Every call begins with "the voice" saying CALL ENDED, and then it proceeds to accept or place the call.  Ending a call produces a simple beep. 

It no longer answers calls with a click of the panel, or re-dials with a double click.  What's wrong? 

The extensive documentation and support for the product have yielded nothing..

Mine is also doing this now, and has been for about 3 weeks... Has anyone got theirs to work yet?

Please use plain text.
JulesJules
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: 02

Just to say thanks you fixed my 605! Why doesn't the VM 605 manual say there is a reset button? I had the FM led light stuck on and the device was jammed. Stuck a paperclip into the hole and fixed it. How easy was that!

Please use plain text.
bobwash
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: VM 605 FAILURES, looks like old problem

My VM605 and Bold 9900 were working great then the same things started to happen. To solve it I pressed the reset button on the vm605 to no avail, then downgraded the OS from 7.1 bundle 2108 v7.1.0.746 platform 5.1.0.546 (newest version) to 7.1 bundle 921 v7.1.0.267, platform 5.1.0.230 (prior version) and it solved the problem right away.

Please use plain text.