Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
mbpasc
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.61
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

VM 605 FAILURES

After working properly for two weeks, my VM-605 is acting weird.  Every call begins with "the voice" saying CALL ENDED, and then it proceeds to accept or place the call.  Ending a call produces a simple beep. 

It no longer answers calls with a click of the panel, or re-dials with a double click.  What's wrong? 

The extensive documentation and support for the product have yielded nothing..

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: VM 605 FAILURES

The first thing I would do it turn the VM off, the on the BlackBerry device delete the Bluetooth pairing profile to the VM.

Then, set it up all over again. See if that works.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mbpasc

I've tried that a number of times.  It seems the hardware is simply defective.  Others have asked similar questions, and there has not yet been an answer that fixed the issue.  LMK if you or others have a solution.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What smartphone and OS are you using?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mbpasc

tour 9630 OS v4.7.1.61

Remember, it worked perfectly for 2 weeks, then it just stopped functioning properly.  Is there a hard reset or such?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You can pull the battery while device is on and replce after 5 seconds to reset it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mbpasc

Are you serious?  Is there any qualified responder here?  The manual, which doesn't include much, includes this:

The BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 contains a non-removable lithium-polymer battery. Do not attempt to remove the battery.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I was meaning on your smart phone to pull the battery.

Please use plain text.
tk2000
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Telus

VM 605 FAILURES- Connects and disconnects randomly

I have a client that is using the Motorola V710 with the Blackberry VM 605. The vm 605 seem to work for awhile and then out of the blue, the unit connects and discconnects randomly. Is there anything we can do.

Please use plain text.
kraylack
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: TELUS

I have the exact same problem... exact same "call ended" when a call is initiated behavior.  

It sounds like a firmware issue.  I've searched for firmware updates and haven't found anything.  Is a firmware update in RIM's plans?

Great product, but it seems to $hit the bed after a few weeks of usage.

Please use plain text.