Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
AliQ
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: None

Wall Charger No Longer Working...

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My BlackBerry Playbook's wall charger is no longer functioning.. Will I be able to get a free replacement? I'd call but apparantly BlackBerry charges thier customers for phone support..

Hope someone can help..

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Wall Charger No Longer Working...

the fastest way for you is to contact the place where you bought the device. They handle the warranty issues.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AliQ

The problem is the device is about 5months old, the place I bought it from will not accept warranty past the 30 days mark..

According to the BlackBerry warranty terms coverage is up to 1year... Shouldn't I be covered ?

Anyway let me know, appreciate any help..
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

go back to the store. It is impossible that an electronic device has a warranty less than 12 months.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AliQ

Hi,

I already attempted to return to Futureshop, but again they only allow returns within 30 days, and I find this is typical in all stores.. 

The one year warranty is with BlackBerry not Futureshop, Best Buy, or etc..

Here is Futureshop's Policy

If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchases, Future Shop will gladly give you a full refund or exchange.
Simply return the product within 30 days (14 days for computers, monitors, printers, laptops, tablets, cellular & wireless devices, home security products, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, portable DVD players, DJ and pro-audio equipment, and air conditioners) in its original condition and packaging (including all manuals & accessories) along with the original receipts. For online returns, the 30- and 14-day time window begins on the date of invoice.

Anyway isn't there anything that can be done about this? I personally think that BlackBerry is responsible for the one year warranty..  and I'm still covered..

Is there someone I can contact through e-mail perhaps?

Appriciate your time and help...

Thanks

Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Any warranty has to go through the retailer with Blackberry products, in this case future shop.

Luckily, I used to moderate their community forum. I know for a fact if you post your situation on their Forum, they will likely escalate the issue to the store in question from headoffice.

Click on the link below and post on this board:

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Off-Topic-Feedback/bd-p/offtopicandfeedback

You'll have to sign up a new account on their forum.

Please use plain text.
Hi-Standard
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I had my playbook for only 6 weeks and the wall charger that came with it overheated and started to melt. I contacted customer support today and they are sending a free replacement, which they claim will only take 10 business days. The store I purchased it from wouldn't touch it after 30 days.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

AliQ wrote:

Hi,

I already attempted to return to Futureshop, but again they only allow returns within 30 days, and I find this is typical in all stores.. 

The one year warranty is with BlackBerry not Futureshop, Best Buy, or etc..

Here is Futureshop's Policy

If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchases, Future Shop will gladly give you a full refund or exchange.
Simply return the product within 30 days (14 days for computers, monitors, printers, laptops, tablets, cellular & wireless devices, home security products, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, portable DVD players, DJ and pro-audio equipment, and air conditioners) in its original condition and packaging (including all manuals & accessories) along with the original receipts. For online returns, the 30- and 14-day time window begins on the date of invoice.

this is a policy to please the customer. You buy something, you have a few days to return it because you don't like it anymore.

I was referring to the warranty, that does not concern whether you like the device or not, but whether the device is faulty. If it is, under the warranty conditions, then the shop can either fix it for you, have it fixed by the manufacturer, or have it replaced by the manufacturer. And most warranties in 2012 last for at least 12 months in most developped countries.

Please use plain text.