Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Contributor
rsbrux
My Device: 9800 Torch

Which BB/BT-Headset combination?

I am currently using a BB8820 with a Plantronics Voyager 510. Many people complain about the volume level when I talk to them via bluetooth, whether I am using the PLT-510 or the hands-free in my car (Nissan Qashqai). An OS update to 4.5.0.52 (the newest supported by my provider, Orange Switzerland) seems to have helped some, but the results are still underwhelming. I now have the opportunity to upgrade to a BB8900 or BB9000, and would lik some assurance of better BT performance. In fact I would be tempted to get a new A2DP or AVRCP headset, if I could have some assurance of harmonius function with the new BB. What combinations can anyone recommend?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Which BB/BT-Headset combination?

I have been using a 8310 with 4.5.0.110 OS with an HS-500 and VM-605 with no issues.

I have knot tried anything else yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Praedor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Which BB/BT-Headset combination?

Myself and two friends own a BB storm and we use the Motorola H710 Bluetooth Headset.

The sound quality is great, very comfortable and no syncing issues like I used to have with some of the cheaper $15 headsets I bought in the past.

There was also the "tunnel" effect I had when using a speakerphone.. where I sounded "tinny" or echo-y but I find BT headsets are the way to go right now.

Please Drive Aware - Safely Use your cell phone while driving using the right hands free car kits to avoid accidents and tickets.
Please use plain text.