Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

andrea63
My Device: Bold 9700

bluetooth with Ford Sync

Hi, my handsfree bluetooth in my car worked this morning.I have a new Ford with the Sync system. Tonight I'm getting an error when trying to make a call. Error message says "phone not found" or "phone disconnected" The error message on the phone says". App_net_rim__bb_phone_app67 is not responding process terminated. Sounds ominous! I have the Bold 9700. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Andrea
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: bluetooth with Ford Sync

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Then see if problem exists after.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
chriskes
My Device: bold 9700

I have a blackberry bold 9700 and just bought a Ford Flex (great car!!!) with ford sync.  I am pretty computer savy and I hve tried EVERYTHING to get it to sync with the Ford and it will not.  It syncs for a minute or so and then it disconnects.  Then another minute later it reconnects only to disconnect.  Supposedly there are some type of patches for older blackberries to fix this problem but one isn't out yet for the 9700.  Rim needs to get their act together.  I have been debating on switching to an I-Phone and am thinking that as soon as Verizon gets I-Phones I am going to make the move. 

Also-  I tried turning off the wifi connection on my phone and the problem persists.  Took out battery and did everything else and it seemed the problem only got worse. 

has anyone heard when Verizon is going to get the I-phone--  How about T-mobile???  I prefer T-mobile since they work overseas.

New Contributor
chriskes
My Device: bold 9700

that is the same problem I am having!!!  Wish RIM would try and figure this out!!!  Ford is the best American brand and their sales are way up.  I absolutely love my flex!!!!  Pathetic that I cannot use the sync feature!!

goaliejerryy
My Device: Bold 9650

[ Edited ]

I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.

I had the same problem. Blackberry Bold 9650 - would connect, but disconnect minutes later. Sometimes it would reconnect, sometimes not. 

In Sync, Goto the "Media" menu, where you would play music through a USB or iPod or even you blackberry phone. Is your "Media" device set to "Bluetooth?" I bet it is. Change the input to "line in" or "USB" if you have a USB hooked up. NEVER LEAVE IT ON BLUETOOTH AUDIO, EVER, FOR ANY REASON.

Bam. I don't have the problem any more. The problem seemed to be that my phone was connecting automatically through bluetooth, but SYNC was ALSO trying to connect through bluetooth to my phone as a media player. I don't know the technical reason, but the two seemed to clash. I never have the problem anymore, but if I forget and turn on Bluetooth audio, it will happen again.

I think its a BlackBerry problem, not a SYNC problem, but this workaround works. Good luck, and report back if it worked.

BONUS - use your USB cable to connect SYNC to your phone, and it works just like if you pluged in a USB key full of music.

On my phone, when I plug in the cable and the car is on, the phone prompts me to use it as "USB," or "CHARGE ONLY," or whatever - select "USB." Then, in SYNC, goto "Media," select device "USB," and BOOM. 

OR, More easily, at this point press the SYNC button, and say the command "USB." It will activate the USB media device, and boom, you've got a fully voice activated MP3 player that fullfills the promise of SYNC.

Now your phone is a media player THAT YOU CAN USE WITH ALL SYNC VOICE ACTIVATED COMMANDS, just like if you pluged in a USB key full of MP3s. Put a 16GB media card in your phone, load it up with your music library and you are good to go. Play any song by name, artist, album, whatever, it all works, JUST LIKE SYNC WAS MEANT TO WORK

I hope this helps someone out there.

New Contributor
kmburke

Hope this works. Is sounds good. I'll give it a try. I'm also going to turn off the A/V bluetooth function on my device.
New Contributor
kmburke

OK.  I did everything you said to do.  The next day I exited my car after turning it off.  When I tried to make a phone call about a minute later,  and for every subesquent phone call, my phnoe thought it was still connected to the car and defaulted to a bluetooth device that wasn't there.  I had to switch it to speaker or handset.  THen it happened :

Uncaught Exception:  bb_phone  Process Terminated

Uncaught Exception: rim_bluetooth  Process Terminated

Now the bluetoth isn't working at all.  It is so fun to be a blackberry owner these days.

Any suggestions???