Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
BMcintosh
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

pairing issue with bluetooth on 2013 Kia Sorento

My blackberry 9900(os 7.1 bundle 2108) will not stay paired with new vehicle we just purchased.  I have to set it up each time the phone disconnects from the car, or vehicle turns off, etc.  I've deleted and re-paired a number of times, updated software to most recent version and still no good.  Any suggestions out there?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: pairing issue with bluetooth on 2013 Kia Sorento

Hi BMcintosh,

From your Bluetooth settings on your BlackBerry smartphone, press the menu key then choose Options. Make sure the Connect On Power Up check box is marked.  Press the back button then choose save.  Next, click on your car under Paired Devices then choose Device Properties.  Ensure your car appears as a trusted device.

Let me know if this works for you.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BMcintosh
My Device: bold 9900

Hi there- I've tried your recommendations but still the same problem. Any other suggestions? Would an earlier version of the software fix the issue?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Downgrading the software will not likely help.  We also recommend using the latest version of software available.

Have you tried completely removing the car from your list of Bluetooth devices then re-adding it?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
stephaneford
My Device: torch 9800

I have the same problem and have done all this but have not installed a lesser software yet ?  is this problem a blackerry problem or is it on the KIA end?

Please use plain text.
stephaneford
My Device: torch 9800

So installing 7.0 from what my bold came with 7.1 work and I can now pair my BB bold with the 2013 kia sorento.  Don't understand why I needed to do this as now my BB dos not have things like "mobile hotspot" but it work.  Can anyone tell me why?  is this a Kia problem or BB?

Please use plain text.
Coutrock
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Bell

I have the same issue with BB Curve and my 2013 Sorento bluetooth system. They both connect each time I setup te connection but I leave the vehicule and come back, they can't connect anymore. Each time, I have to delete the connection on both system and setup the connection. I've made some tests with the KIA car dealer. We have tried two differents phones with my BB. No issue on connecting with the two other phone and mine was always not been able to connect.  Bui, I push the test farter by doing the same test on a other Sorento and a Rondo, the connection work fine every time with my phone. I even made the test my wife phone (HTC) and it works very fine.

So, the big question is, why my connection from my BB and my Sorento doesn't work and all for 3 differents phones the connection works ?

P.S. : For sure, my car dealer say that the problem come from my phone !!

Please, I need help !!  

thank you !!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

the test with the other Sorento and the Rondo prooves that under some conditions, your phone works fine perfectly.

I suggest you :
- reboot the Kia bluetooth system (not sure this is possible ?)
- delete your phone on the Kia system
- delete the Kia system on your phone
- reboot the phone
- redo a manual pairing

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
MP60
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

I'm in the same boat as you BMcintosh. I have exactly the same model (Bold 9900) and the 2013 Sorento. When I first got the car the BB paired perfectly. Now it pairs but the keypad on the car Nav screen doesn't work. Then the screen tells me I'm connected to a call when in fact I'm not. I've tried every tip that's available on the net and this forum. I'm upgrading to 7.1.0 Bundle 1424 in the hopw that this might fix the problem. It's definitely a Blackberry problem as my wife's iPhone pairs perfectly and the car's Nav screen with the keypad and contacts from the phone all work perfectly. Blackberry needs to step up and fix these problems!
Please use plain text.