Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
jmraventos
My Carrier: vodafone

problems Opening an attached file

I would like to know how to change the configuration in my playbook about the limit size of opening the attached file ( in mail of outlook, e.g.. PDF ).

I don't have problems opening the same attached file in my blackberry curve.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants

Re: problems Opening an attached file

Hi jmraventos and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Are you trying to open the PDF file via the BlackBerry® Bridge™ Messages or via the Native Email appication?  Do you receive an error message when trying to open the PDF? If so, what is the error?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmraventos
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi  CptS

the problem is that, when openening files above a certain size in the email aplication of my playbook, the following error message appears:

"El archivo adjunto supera el tamaño de descarga configuradopor el administrador" or "The attached file has a size overthe one configured by the system administrator".

I do not know how to reconfigure that limit.

The Blackberry Curve that has the Blackberry Bridge installed can open the same attachment and shows no error message.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mira_ishak
My Carrier: mobinil

i have always had my gmail set on my blackberry and i send and receive e-mails with attachments all the time. i had a problem today with some JPG attachments as follows: - when i receive an email on my blackberry and i click on "open attachment" sometimes it opens and sometimes i get a message "file conversion failed" and some other times i get a message "attachment server is busy" - when i click on "download attachment" it downloads fine and i can open it. this is happening randomly, not with all JPG attachments, and it jsut started happening today. i did a battery pull out and it didn't' help. i deleted some pictures from my phone to empty memory and it still didn't' work. i am trying to publish a new thread with the problem, but i am failing to publish, so this is the closest thread that i found. any clue what this is and how i can solve it???
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mira_ishak
My Carrier: mobinil

[ Edited ]

i also checked with a friend of mine now, snd she has the same problem jsut happening today.

Could it be a RIM issue?

Please use plain text.