Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Developer
gerryscat
My Device: Not Specified

serial to mini-USB connector

I have a device which only supports a serial port connection. Blackberry only has mini-USB. Can I plug these together? This webpage http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/9137/Use_a_USB_or_serial_port_connection_50896...

implies java code can work with a serial connection. I already have a BlueSnap, but it is expensive. We'd like to be able to use a wired connection, BlackBerry to our proprietary box. 

Also, is there a program that can enumerate though serial ports on the BlackBerry I can get?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: serial to mini-USB connector

gerryscat wrote:

I have a device which only supports a serial port connection. Blackberry only has mini-USB. Can I plug these together? This webpage http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/9137/Use_a_USB_or_serial_port_connection_50896...

implies java code can work with a serial connection. I already have a BlueSnap, but it is expensive. We'd like to be able to use a wired connection, BlackBerry to our proprietary box. 

Also, is there a program that can enumerate though serial ports on the BlackBerry I can get?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I have not personally used this company or this device by.  IOGEAR

I have heard some good feedback on the Company and their products from my tech friends in networking.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.