Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 64gb
My Carrier: plusnetwireless
Accepted Solution

tablet

i recently purchased a new blackberry tablet(64gb),on the set up it says  i am connected to wi-fi,but on the next page it says and i quote could not connect to server (3001),any ideasa please thankyou.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: tablet

[ Edited ]

Hey bert10,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To resolve this issue perform the following steps:

1. Perform a reset of the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.  Follow the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26712

2. Try to complete the setup again, if it fails with the same error proceed to step 3.

3. Complete a reload of the BlackBerry PlayBook software.  Follow the steps below:

Ensure that BlackBerry® Desktop Software 7.1 is installed on your PC or BlackBerry® Desktop Software 2.4 (Mac OS)
Ensure the computer has an internet connection.
Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
Note: A backup of the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ should be tried before a reload.
Turn off the BlackBerry PlayBook. Make sure there are no flashing LEDs and that the LCD is not still being lit by the backlight. If there are any flashing LEDs, hold the power button for 15 seconds until the LEDs stop.
Connect the BlackBerry PlayBook to the computer.
When prompted with BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device, click Update and then click Repair allow the update to be downloaded and installed on the BlackBerry PlayBook.

4. Once the PlayBook is up and running, complete the setup process and you should be able to proceed.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 64gb
My Carrier: plusnetwireless

Re: tablet

hello vicious ferret,thankyou for replying to my problem,after i went to option 3 im pleased to say it worked first time,so im very much obliged to you,thankyou.