Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Contributor
velkin
My Device: Dev Alpha B

Re: Ads Services eCPM -- um...ZERO?

Unfortunately, i think it is much worse. I have no idea what is going on with these stats. This is for the month of May to date:

42,321 requests
28,299 impressions
66.87% Fill Rate
284 clicks
1.00% CTR
$0.00 eCPM *
1 applications
Revenue: $0.06 *

*Like or mark as solution!*
Developer
davide13
My Device: Z10

23,667 requests
8,306 impressions
35.10% Fill Rate
408 clicks
4.91% CTR
$0.15 eCPM *
55 applications
Revenue: $0.04 *

This in three months.. Maybe in ten years i earn my first dollar!

*Like this post 

If this post is helpful, please click the "like" button! :smileyhappy:
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

this is mone for the month of May so far

THIS MONTH STATS

51,779 requests
38,607 impressions
74.56% Fill Rate
71 clicks
0.18% CTR
$0.05 eCPM *
6 applications
Revenue: $0.70 ** Current Days Revenue and eCPM are not included.

Something has to be wrong and I can understand why they dont just explain what it is.
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
davide13
My Device: Z10

The problem is that they pay when you arrive at 100$, at this velocity I will receive the payment on 2020!!

*Like this post 

If this post is helpful, please click the "like" button! :smileyhappy:
Developer
Apodidae
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook

With my one BBOS app, I do see a little better results, but just barely:

14,640 requests
6,150 impressions
42.01% Fill Rate
61 clicks
0.99% CTR
$0.01 eCPM *
1 applications
Revenue: $0.48 *

The biggest time of year always seems to be during the holidays. When I do a six-month report, which includes December 2012, these are the numbers I see:

18,341 requests
7,781 impressions
42.42% Fill Rate
75 clicks
0.96% CTR
$0.06 eCPM *
1 applications
Revenue: $38.72 *

Companies seem to push more ads out around the holidays. They also seem to have a much higher click-through value. Once that passes by, all the ads drop off dramatically. So I might see another check around 2015 instead of 2020.

Contributor
rapito
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

This is the worst Ad Service available for developers, if Blackberry really wants dev to come running to this platform they should FIX THIS ASAP.

THIS YEAR STATS

3,996,361 requests
1,829,136 impressions
45.77% Fill Rate
5,086 clicks
0.28% CTR
$0.03 eCPM *
8 applications
Revenue: $32.18 ** Current Days Revenue and eCPM are not included.

That's just pitiful...

Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE

Best Ad network on mobile is AdMob because it servers up Google adwords ads on mobile devices at near 100% fill rate worldwide.   AdMob supports iPhone , Android, Windows Phone.  The answer to our Ad $$$ on BlackBerry is to get access to AdMob some way, and I had hoped RIM would make it happen to allow us to monetize apps with Ads which would give a great user experience (great free apps - ad sponsored without annoying freemium naggin upgrades).

Most fustrating thing is that you can get AdMob on BB10 if you want..... just use Android.  Android apps on BB10 can use and monetize with AdMob.  Which is better 1) develop with Cascades and not make any money with ads,  or  2) develop with Android and monetize with AdMob.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Regular Contributor
suhelskype

StevenKader wrote:

Best Ad network on mobile is AdMob because it servers up Google adwords ads on mobile devices at near 100% fill rate worldwide.   AdMob supports iPhone , Android, Windows Phone.  The answer to our Ad $$$ on BlackBerry is to get access to AdMob some way, and I had hoped RIM would make it happen to allow us to monetize apps with Ads which would give a great user experience (great free apps - ad sponsored without annoying freemium naggin upgrades).

Most fustrating thing is that you can get AdMob on BB10 if you want..... just use Android.  Android apps on BB10 can use and monetize with AdMob.  Which is better 1) develop with Cascades and not make any money with ads,  or  2) develop with Android and monetize with AdMob.

1. why is Admob not available on BB10

2. why are the ad services not lucrative enough for Blackberry developers?

and are the Blackberry Team looking at improving this ad service for us developer community or is this falling on deaf ears as per the norm?

3. can we use the admob feeds and place them on blackberry ad services as a different aggretator?

4. is there any other ad services blackberry can recommend that we can use that will give us much better results?

5. if that is not the case then the development community will take their development skills to another platform where it is much better for them to make free monetised apps elsewhere

6. is Admob available on BBos7?

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

suhelskype wrote:

and are the Blackberry Team looking at improving this ad service for us developer community or is this falling on deaf ears as per the norm?

3. can we use the admob feeds and place them on blackberry ad services as a different aggretator?

4. is there any other ad services blackberry can recommend that we can use that will give us much better results?

5. if that is not the case then the development community will take their development skills to another platform where it is much better for them to make free monetised apps elsewhere

1. The AdMob team does not support BlackBerry, so they have not ported the SDK

2. Yes, people are investigating how to improve the service but that's about all I can say at the moment. Developers voices are not falling on deaf ears.

3. The Ad Service for BlackBerry does not support onboarding of new ad providers, you would need to port the AdMob SDK over yourself if they support that

4. Not officially, no. If/when there is you can rest assured we will be blogging about it.

6. Not that I'm aware of

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor
suhelskype

gbeukeboom wrote:

suhelskype wrote:

1. The AdMob team does not support BlackBerry, so they have not ported the SDK

2. Yes, people are investigating how to improve the service but that's about all I can say at the moment. Developers voices are not falling on deaf ears.

3. The Ad Service for BlackBerry does not support onboarding of new ad providers, you would need to port the AdMob SDK over yourself if they support that

4. Not officially, no. If/when there is you can rest assured we will be blogging about it.

6. Not that I'm aware of

Hi

Any updates on pointers 2 and 4? Still extremeley poor ad rates for us developers... :No:

re: point 2 what improvements have been suggested and implemented so far?