Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Ads Services eCPM -- um...ZERO?

[ Edited ]

gbeukeboom wrote:
Here goes my mini lesson, when your Banner object is added to the screen it makes a request for an ad, if an ad is returned it is known as "fill". So the fill rate is calculated based on the # of ads filled vs the number of requests made. If no ad is available you can choose to display your placeholder or leave the space blank.

Okay, I understand that now.

Is there actually a way to detect when this has happened (no ad) so we can remove the Banner rather than have either our placeholder image or a blank space?

(Edit: sorry for the off-topic post. I'll start a new thread if I have more followup questions.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

peter9477 wrote:
Okay, I understand that now.

Is there actually a way to detect when this has happened (no ad) so we can remove the Banner rather than have either our placeholder image or a blank space?

Not today, but it has been requested.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

Please use plain text.
Developer
HorizonXP
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook

Is there a way to get the house ads back? I'd rather have something there than nothing at all.

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE

HorizonXP wrote:
Is there a way to get the house ads back? I'd rather have something there than nothing at all.

What is your app?  I'd like to take a look and see what it looks like without an ad.  In general people don't like ads, so unless you can generate $$ it is better not to be showing ads.  Gives them a break from seeing ads all the time.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

HorizonXP wrote:

You could always use a place holder and display whatever content you'd like in the event no ads are available:
http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__advertisement__banner.html#property...

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
suhelskype
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Has anyone reached $10.00 for the generated revenue and how long has it taken them to reach this amount?

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE

suhelskype wrote:

Has anyone reached $10.00 for the generated revenue and how long has it taken them to reach this amount?

It may also be helpful if as many people put their total stats as a post so we can all take a look at what is going on.  The lowest eCPM I have ever seen with other ad services was $0.03  .... this system should do at least that...is it?

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

Just providing my stats for informational purposes of others (this is Oct 2012 - March 2013):

9,054 requests
5,096 impressions
56.28% Fill Rate
18 clicks
0.35% CTR
$0.03 eCPM *
3 applications
Revenue: $0.10
---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

[ Edited ]

I actual have 20 apps; 15 are mippen apps that use the same zone ID and the other 5 are natvie apps

THIS MONTH STATS - March

28,849 requests
4,535 impressions
15.72% Fill Rate
9 clicks
0.20% CTR
$0.03 eCPM *
6 applications
Revenue: $0.11 ** Current Days Revenue and eCPM are not included.

The numbers below where inflated by BlackBerry Fake ads the create no revenue but lots of imprision, clicks and request.

THIS 3 MONTHS STATS - Jan, Feb, Mar
65,188 requests
18,046 impressions
27.68% Fill Rate
118 clicks
0.65% CTR
$0.03 eCPM *
6 applications
Revenue: $0.16 ** Current Days Revenue and eCPM are not included.

But if you see below i have added more apps over the 6mths slowly as well as number of impression have gone up. 
The month of March BB fake apps werent around. So I am starting to get impression. 

Late Jan and Feb BB fake apps where around. but most of my apps werent approved yet. I also find that i get more downloads from the UK and from i understand they see a lot of ads.

Untitled.png

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.