Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
Accepted Solution

Ads services - app type option

[ Edited ]

in Ad service we now have a few new options in the app type section as seen below:

BlackBerry app

Webwork app

BB10 Cascades

BB10 Native

App Type  <<<< - Drop down box works try it.

A few things to question

1. Whats the difference bettween BB10 Native and BB10 Cascades

2. Since my ads where orginal set up as BlackBerry apps and scalled to fit my cascades app what happen now.

3. Will having BB10 Cascades option set what will the ads size be now by defualt.

4. Will ypu still need to scale your ads even if its set as bb10 cascades or native

5. will the fill rate be better now if its set to the correct app type

6. i have one app across the with BlackBerry os 5,6 & 7 a PlayBook and BB10 what is the best suggested ads set up now. 

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C

Re: Ads services - app type option

Also interested fior this topic. Bump

Developer
deremi
My Device: Not Specified

Ditto..
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

hummm no info to this question yet 

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

1. Native would be creating an application using OpenGL, not the Cascades framework. Cascades would be using the Cascades framework.

2. I'm unsure what you're asking here

3. Right now ad sizes will still need to be scaled. Once more (larger) ad sizes can be specified it should remove this necessity.

4. See #3

5. Separating out devices should help optimize ad delivery.

6. PlayBook does not have an Ad service, so I would recommend having one for BlackBerry OS <=7.1 and one for <=10

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!