Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Contributor
klsally
My Device: 9550 - Torch

BBAS on OS7?

Will there be a new BBAS SDK for OS7? I tried porting my app with ads over to the BB OS7 Beta, and get no ads displayed. I am using OS6 version BBAS SDK. I also get a NullPointerException on setMetadata(Hashtable metadata). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
New Contributor
stfl
My Device: Storm 2

Re: BBAS on OS7?

Do you have help for you problem, I have same error.. My Ads area is all Black, no Ads display ...

Regard

Stf

Retired
jreda
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

Hello,
Can you please provide me with the event log so I can examine the issue?
Contributor
klsally

Do I need to enable debug for BBAS? There is nothing in the Event Log. Pardon my ignorance, I have not had an issue in the past and thus have not used the Event Log.

Contributor
klsally

Ok, so it appears that the next BBAS SDK release (which I was not made aware of) MR3 supports BB 7. However, in this release, we are supposed to use a zone ID instead of the Placement ID. Where do we get our Zone ID from?

Developer
amccants
My Device: Not Specified

Can you provide a link to the MR3 download?

Contributor
klsally

Developer
amccants
My Device: Not Specified

Here's what you get after you register:

Welcome to the BlackBerry Advertising Service. Your account has been created. To access the portal click here: http://adservices.blackberry.com

To setup your applications please login and go to "App Setup". To get your Zone ID once your application is created, please click on the Manage link beside the Application within the App Setup Screen and then click on the code button.

Contributor
klsally

Thanks! I did this and found that the Ads work on my BB6 simulator, but do not work on BB7 simulator. I can get ads on the BB7 simulator only when I set setTestModeFlag(true), or if I use the test Zone ID (16741). Is there anyway to test live ads in a simulator?