Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
djogon
My Device: Z10

Banner size for BB10 devices?

We have implemented the advertising service, but in all the examples we see banners that are only 320x50 or so in size.

The alpha device is 768 pixels wide and the final one should be 720. A good size for the device would be 720x90 for example, but if I request an ad with that size - I only get the same, small one, in the corner.

What should we do at this point in our apps? Which sizes will be supported day 1 so that we can properly code the banners before we release the app.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

Re: Banner size for BB10 devices?

I have come across the same issue with no anwser to it yet. 

What i have done  just to get the app updated and read for a new version is; center the ad banner and left it small or the largest without moving 320x50. Hopfully this will change soon and i can have mine back at 760 x 150.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

i saw this post yesterday in another forum

ads service - ads size

They seem to be taking about scalling not sure if it will work though.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

check out this link seems like the ads servicew have made some chages might not need to scale ads banner any more to fit bb10 apps

Can-t-create-new-App

Please use plain text.