Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

Blackberry 10 Advertising API

Hi,

I can't find any API reference on how to get started using the advertising service on Blackberry 10 Webworks. Is that even possible? Can you use the advertising service on Blackberry 10 Webworks SDK?

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry 10 Advertising API

WebWorks for BlackBerry 10 is not compatible with the current release of the Ad SDK. For now third-party solutions would need to be used that support HTML5.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: None

gbeukeboom: if there is no support for webworks yet do you know any ad networks you can recommend?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

n-dev wrote:

gbeukeboom: if there is no support for webworks yet do you know any ad networks you can recommend?

Mocean, the same partner used for the official Ad Service, does provide web APIs that can be used:

http://developer.moceanmobile.com/Mocean_Ad_Request_API

Apart from that any solution that provides web APIs should function well, just make sure any links to the ad are opened in the Browser rather than the WebWorks webview.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!