Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't sign up for Ad service?

Hey everyone,

I'd like to get an account for the Ad service, so I filled in the form. I live in Holland, so i chose Netherlands as my country. Now the form keeps whining about State being a required field... we don't have any states here, only provinces. I tried all kinds of things, filling in nothing, just a '-' , different province names, even American state names, but it keeps telling me 'This field is required'. Does anyone know how to do this?

New Contributor

Re: Can't sign up for Ad service?

Hi Koen

I'm in the Netherlands aswell and signed up for the AdService last monday (jun20).

I encounterd exactely the same problem concerning the required state field ...
(makes you wonder about the quality of those developers, doesn't it ?....)  and the good news is that I finally managed to get past this error...The bad news however is that I have no idea what I changed in the end  to make it pass.. (makes me wonder about my own quality  Smiley Sad) Probably like you I tried all kind of combinations  and suddenly it worked.  The only thing I clearly remember that for this succesfull attempt    the state-field was empty ... So this is probably not of much help ...but maybe you could give it another try....

Contributor

Re: Can't sign up for Ad service?

After getting no replies here I sent an email to RIM. They told me they we're having difficulties with registrations outside North America, and it would probably be fixed in 24-48 hours. I tried it last evening and it worked, so you changed nothing, RIM did Smiley Wink . Anyway, its ok now, i'm currently waiting for my login code.