Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Contributor
velkin
My Device: Dev Alpha B
Accepted Solution

Cascades Banners ... is placeholder showing?

Basically, if the ad placeholder banner is still showing i want to handle the click myself .... i.e. if i'm not showing an ad and they click my placeholder, something should happen. i want to be prepared for what I'm hearing is a not-so-great fill rate.

Is there a way to tell if the placeholder URL is currently showing?

*Like or mark as solution!*
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Cascades Banners ... is placeholder showing?

The current Ad Services implementation does not support this yet but the request is in to get this exposed.

For the meantime you would basically need to implement the ad display yoursellf; with a WebView this is actually not as daunting as it may seem:

http://developer.moceanmobile.com/Mocean_Ad_Request_API

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
velkin

Is there a general-ish rough guess ETA? i.e. weeks? months? is it being worked on? The whole point to the Banner and the ad services is to avoid having to do this kind of work ourselves. If the fix is forthcoming reasonably soon, i don't want to burn time trying to re-invent the wheel. Thanks!

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I haven't been provided an ETA from dev but I would not expect to see this for at least a few months.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
velkin

Hmmm...so _at least_ a few months means likely longer, so i guess i will have to implement it myself and bypass the BBAS altogether. Unfortunate, but i guess i have to roll with it. Thanks!