Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
Zymatic
My Device: Limited Edition Z10 & Blackberry Playbook

Does an app need to be available on app world for ads to start being sent?

Hi,

I want to update one of my app to use the Ad services but I don't want to release the updated until I know ads are going to be served.  My question is does the Ad Service know the difference between an app that is on app world and an app that is currently on development and not on app world?

I've read other posts here about needing to have 1,000 requests and it taking a month for ads to show up but that seems a bit wierd.  Also, my app currently has almost 2,000 requests and still no ads beign served. 

I generated all those request through code, so I was able to gain most of them in one day, could that be the problem.  Does the ad service know how long a ad banner is visible on screen?  I used a loop to keep opening a cascades Sheet and closing it to generate the requests.  Could this be the problem?

I am using Cascades on BB10 Dev Alpha.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zymatic

Playbook Apps:
Touch Painter, LinkShrink

BB10 Apps:
NoteToSelf , LinkShrink
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

Re: Does an app need to be available on app world for ads to start being sent?

BB10 really has no ads targeted to it yet.

thats the reason why you get some many requets and so little impression. My app launch codes isa great example of this. but my mippin apps work fine lots of impression and lots of request. they also target a lot more phones as well. no one really has dev phone

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality