Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Trusted Contributor
itcraps
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Featured Apps

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but....

1. Does being a member of BlackBerry Alliance, we will automatically have our apps featured regularly?

2. If yes, which tier should we join, (Associate, Select, or Elite)?

Sorry to bother you guys with this question, but I have done a search and the description on the BlackBerry Alliance Program is kinda "vague".

Thank you all

www.jackdevora.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
mariagracia32
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Re: Featured Apps

wow almost a year and you didn't get a reply :smileysad: i'm bumping this thread because i have the same question! hoping for someone who's willing to help and reply

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

It's not an year, just three months :Sleep1:

I haven't read the membership description recently, but if I recall it correct, the first tier gives you the right to have two featured slots per year. IMO it is pointless to buy membership just for the featured slots, if your apps are good you will be featured anyway. And if your apps are bad, you won't get much revenue even if the apps are featured.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
damacon
My Device: Not Specified

two top tiers "select" and "elite" give you access to dedicated RIM employee who will assist in becoming "featured" via advices what RIM would like to see "featured" (however there is no guarantees, but at least you'll know for sure what to do). I think this and access to pre-released devices + cheap devices for tests is very compelling reasons to become alliance member
Please use plain text.