11-16-2011 09:46 AM - edited 11-16-2011 10:22 AM
I have updated one of my apps with the new SDK (SDK_MR3_B122). Before the app used the appId, but I changed the code to use the zoneId. Few days after the update impressions and clicks are getting close to zero, I have checked this in both dashboard and reports.
Edit: I just got a response from BBAS team, issue is investigated, I will keep the thread open until the issue is resolved.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-21-2011 11:56 AM
11-21-2011 12:30 PM
I already did this and got such reply:
Please follow the following instructions to locate your application(s) zone IDs:
1. Go to adservices.blackberry.com
2. Login to your account
3. Click on App Setup.
4. Scroll down to where it says "Existing Apps", locate the application, and click
on the "Code" button. You will be taken to the Code screen where you can copy and
paste the Zone ID.
So I'm using the correct zoneId, BBAS team has confirmed that ads are served for my zoneIds and the issue is with the reporting.
12-16-2011 10:14 AM
So I had a phone call with one of the BBAS engineers last night. It appears that the issue is related to my app design. In fact my app is running in the background all the time (to update some stuff). The previous version of BBAS served ads even when the app screen is not visible (as it is in my case), while the new BBAS version shows ads only when the screen is active and users can see it. That's why the significant impressions drop, before I was (unintentionally of course) "cheating" the BBAS with the always-running app.
I will mark this post as solution.