Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
willrobertson
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook 64GB, Dev Alpha

InMobi generating insanely low revenue

On BBAS we are generating a lot of clicks on the InMobi ad network, but getting back trivial amounts of revenue. 

Example: 10,307 clicks = $1.60.

We are thinking there must be a problem either on BBAS or InMobi's tracking system. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with InMobi?

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: InMobi generating insanely low revenue

My data seems OK with inMobi

November
424 clicks
$5.59

December
332 clicks
$2.89

January
311 clicks
$1.91

On the side note - I noticed that "Sympatico" (ad network) has insane high eCPM (between $5 and $6), could we get more Sympatico ads please?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
AppVendors_org
My Device: Tour Curve Storm Bold Torch

What is the eCPM on BBAS? You guys still work for this kind of income?

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

The average eCPM was about $0.15, but the last month it dropped to $0.05

You can check this topic for details

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Advertising-Service/Unusually-low-revenue/td-p/124...

Given the income using ads it is more a hobby than a real work :No:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

wow! $5 a month? is that enough for a latte?

Please use plain text.
Developer
willrobertson
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook 64GB, Dev Alpha

InMobi is only 1 of a number of different ad networks (Millennial, Mojiva, etc) that serve ads through BBAS. It is by far the least profitable network (at least for me), so unprofitable I think there must be something wrong with it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

that is the reason why i'm staying away from ads.  I did one app in the early beta sdk and gave up.  I would have wasted too much time with ads

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

It wasn't that bad before. January - May 2011 I was making $400-$500 per month with so-so apps. The revenue this January is ...  $60, lol. Definitely not worth investing time now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
damacon
My Device: Not Specified

you can use MillenialMedia, Jumptap and inner-active directly. Cost Per Million (CPM) fluctuates very much, but you can make at least $100-$300 per day on app which is in Top Free 100

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

@damacon, sorry for bothering you with questions, I'm just trying to find a way to optimize the ads.

MillenialMedia is about 90% of the BBAS inventory, but they have low fill rate lately (about 20%). If I use MM directly will I get better fillrate?

Btw how do the pay, I mean the payment method - bank transfer, PayPal, checks?

Please use plain text.