Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
CBissonnette
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

Linking the .jar with BB JDE

I use the BB JDE 5.0 to build my app with the library.  I simply add the .jar file to the project and reproduce the code segment of the provided sample.  The app compile without error but I have two problems. 

1- I noticed the fact that signature Tool Give me a not registered status with two lines of registration, related to signer name RIM.

2- In simulator the app never show up after loading it (with simulator load from the menu).

Please use plain text.
Developer
emac
My Device: 9500/9520/9800/9810

Re: Linking the .jar with BB JDE

CBissonnette wrote: 

2- In simulator the app never show up after loading it (with simulator load from the menu).

You need to "install" the sdk cod on the simulator first - this can be done by installing the jad via the Browser OTA (that's what I did)... I uploaded the jad+cod on my webserver an requested that jad from the simulator browser... 

[FileScout] | [iMazing] | [GPSLogger II] | [Iconify] | [TOMPlayer]
Please use plain text.
Developer
CBissonnette

I don't have a webserver installed, can this be done in an other way?  In the documentation, it is written to copy the .cod file into the folder simulator.  This is what I did :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
emac
My Device: 9500/9520/9800/9810

you can alternativly use the DesktopManager and connect the Sim via USA and load the ALX into the DesktopManager [for some reasons I had difficulties to do that last night at home - but I have to admit that was after a 13h workday]

[FileScout] | [iMazing] | [GPSLogger II] | [Iconify] | [TOMPlayer]
Please use plain text.
Developer
CBissonnette

That's a good idea but did not work.  I'll recreate my project from scratch, clean my simulators and redo everything step by step.  There must be something missing? 

Any idea about my other question?  Do you know why I can't sign the project?

Please use plain text.
Developer
CBissonnette

I still got the same problem The app do not show in the device simulator and the signing tool still show the Not Registered status for the two library lines.

Any idea?  someone?  ? Jreda?  gurusss?  please I'm stuck with this for the second day now :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Retired
jreda
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

The library shouldn't need to be signed since the library cod's already are.  Can you explain precisely how you added the library into the project?

Please use plain text.
Developer
CBissonnette

Hi,

I first use the "How To - Compile a jar into a BlackBerry Library".  It gives me a second project and I made my main project dependent of this one.  It compile ok but I don't know if it is the desired way to go.

I also just add the .jar file from the sdk to my main project and once again it compile without problem.  Is it good?  

Please use plain text.
Retired
jreda
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

While this is normally correct the ad service has unique requirements so there is a different procedure.  You need to add the jar to the build path so that the workspace can reference the library but not compile it.  When you load the application, you must load the cod as well.  There is a detailed explanation in the pdf documentation.  Take a look, try it out and let me know if you have any trouble.

Joe

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Probably I overlooked it, but I didn't find any explanations how to use BBAS with BB JDE (in the docs only Eclipse). Actually it is easy:

- Copy the net_rim_bbapi_adv_appXXXXX.jar in the folder where your workspace is defined (where the <workspace_name>.jdw resides)

- Open the workspace in BB JDE

- Select the <workspace_name>.jdw, right mouse click - Properties

- There is a list "Imported Jar files", click the Add button, select net_rim_bbapi_adv_appXXXXX.jar

- Click OK  and you are done

To test if everything is ok, just write a single line  in any class of your project

import net.rim.blackberry.api.advertising.appXXXXX.Banner;

If there are no compilation errors you are ready to go :smileyhappy:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.