11-07-2010 06:31 AM
We've published an application with ad banner and got lib and id from http://adservice.blackberry.com but in spite of good numbers of Requests seen in http://adservice.blackberry.com, number of Ads Served equals to zero. I've tried to email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org but they keep their mouths shut very tightly (I hope they are busy with working on adservice).
Can anyone advise if there is something I can do to start actually serve ads? Am I alone in this problem or there are other people suffering from silence of ad agency?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-07-2010 08:01 PM
You are not alone. The fills is not super high except for US. Things are moving 'cause we already got an updated version of the library. While waiting for upgrades out of your controls, you can try changing the settings you are control...
This is what I did and it does not mean it is perfect and complete but it should do as a start. In order to help your fill rate increase, goto the umpire section look at your number then goto the Allocation section and drop the two network with the lowest fill rate. In my case, Mojiva and RingRing. Then for the rest of the network, use the best fill algorithm. You should see your number going up. This is still not perfect but it help.
I did not try this but if you have lots of time, you should try to do some kind of configuration by carriers (if possible with the Weighted algo and the Target profile option).
If someone else have an Idea, we could try to create an optimum configuration patern for all dev.
11-08-2010 12:27 AM
Yes, CBissonnette has a great idea here. I'm constantly going to my umpire to try and keep the best fill allocated. The Vendor Paortal for the BBAS has recently changed around say you may want to start by checking out your umpire.
Emailing support from email@example.com will work it's just takes some time. If you contact them for support and they still dont get back to you, then I'd private message Joe Reda on here and ask him what would be your next move. He should be able to point you in the right direction.
Hope this helps
11-09-2010 02:22 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'd like to shoot myself direct in the head
After seeing day after day low fill rates and only one ads network (MillennialMedia) I finally discovered the Allocation tab... :/
Guess what - none of other networks was allowed
Additional comment for newcomers: Allocation tab is at the bottom of the screen, if you don't see, set max screen resolution.
11-12-2010 03:58 AM
Hm, I'm trying to understand how the algorithm works. By default it is Best CTR. I've changed it to Fair (which means that ads are distributed equally between all ad networks) and for my surprise the fill for UK jumped from 34% to 97%. Unfortunatelly still no ads for Saudi Arabia where - it seems - most of the my app fans live
11-12-2010 06:37 AM
The issue was with ad sdk lib. When we've replaced the first lib version with the second version that we've got from ad services team in email, we started to see "Ads served" and even some clicks. Profit is quite low, but at least we can experiment now and probably will make application at least profitable.
Keep up good job, Blackberry ad service team! We are with you.