Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Lots of Requests but no Ads Served

Hi

We've published an application with ad banner and got lib and id from http://adservice.blackberry.com but in spite of good numbers of Requests seen in http://adservice.blackberry.com, number of Ads Served equals to zero. I've tried to email support@millennialmedia.com and clientsupport@millennialmedia.com but they keep their mouths shut very tightly (I hope they are busy with working on adservice).

Can anyone advise if there is something I can do to start actually serve ads? Am I alone in this problem or there are other people suffering from silence of ad agency?

Regards, Alex

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Lots of Requests but no Ads Served

Hi,

You are not alone.  The fills is not super high except for US.  Things are moving 'cause we already got an updated version of the library.  While waiting for upgrades out of your controls, you can try changing the settings you are control... 

This is what I did and it does not mean it is perfect and complete but it should do as a start.  In order to help your fill rate increase, goto the umpire section look at your number then goto the Allocation section and drop the two network with the lowest fill rate.  In my case, Mojiva and RingRing.  Then for the rest of the network, use the best fill algorithm.  You should see your number going up.  This is still not perfect but it help.

I did not try this but if you have lots of time, you should try to do some kind of configuration by carriers (if possible with the Weighted algo and the Target profile option).

If someone else have an Idea, we could try to create an optimum configuration patern for all dev.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9630
My Carrier: verizon

Hello,

Yes, CBissonnette has a great idea here.  I'm constantly going to my umpire to try and keep the best fill allocated.  The Vendor Paortal for the BBAS has recently changed around say you may want to start by checking out your umpire. 

Emailing support from support@millennialmedia.com will work it's just takes some time.   If you contact them for support and they still dont get back to you, then I'd private message Joe Reda on here and ask him what would be your next move.  He should be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps

Scientific

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Sometimes I feel like I'd like to shoot myself direct in the head :smileysad:

After seeing day after day low fill rates and only one ads network (MillennialMedia) I finally discovered the Allocation tab... :/

Guess what - none of other networks was allowed :smileysad:

Additional comment for newcomers: Allocation tab is at the bottom of the screen, if you don't see, set max screen resolution.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Hm, I'm trying to understand how the algorithm works. By default it is Best CTR. I've changed it to Fair (which means that ads are distributed equally between all ad networks) and for my surprise the fill for UK jumped from 34% to 97%. Unfortunatelly still no ads for Saudi Arabia where - it seems - most of the my app fans live :smileyhappy:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Guys/girls

The issue was with ad sdk lib. When we've replaced the first lib version with the second version that we've got from ad services team in email, we started to see "Ads served" and even some clicks. Profit is quite low, but at least we can experiment now and probably will make application at least profitable.

Keep up good job, Blackberry ad service team! We are with you.

Regards, Alex