Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Requests / impressions misleading? Fill rate not as bad as it seems?

When did your first notice this?

Could you provide some recent sporadic events with a timeline? Based on the 3 provided above it seems like the events are stabilizing toward higher fill rate and lower requests.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
pfluger
My Device: Q10, Z10

I don't want to post detailed statistics publicly. I attached two graphs for the last 3 months with the numbers removed.

In the requests graph the peaks in the middle are 20x higher than the lows to the right (this is where we started to see fill rate numbers suddenly rise from 3% to over 50%). 

In the impressions graph the highest number is only 2x the lowest.

Unfortunately it seems I can't generate a graph with fill rate numbers. Putting them side by side with the requests should show that whenever fill rate goes down requests spike.

Developer
pfluger

Just noticed that our last 6 months might be even more interesting. 

Impressions are fluctuating naturally with highs being at most 4x the lows, but the requests peak that you see in the graph is 200x the low. At the time of the peak our fill rate was 0.33%.

Developer
pfluger

[ Edited ]

I posted this in a separate thread, but maybe you can help me here, too. The requests numbers are no real concern as the actual impression numbers seem to be still fine. And this is what revenue is based on.

But we are also seeing a huge amount of 'invalid clicks'. I assume these don't get paid? Here a sample for an arbitrary time range:

Clicks: 734
Invalid clicks: 620
CTR (based on 734 clicks): 1.06%

Our "Impressions/1000 x eCPM" from the statistics don't even remotely match the actual posted revenue and I have the feeling the invalid clicks might have something to do with it.

We should be making roughly 10x the revenue.

Retired
gbeukeboom

In general it looks like your stats have started to stabilize, apart from some huge peaks months ago. The requests are dropping and the impressions are increasing steadily. There are some peaks and valleys with the impressions, but app usage and fill for those times would definitely cause fluctuations.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
pfluger

Yeah, the impressions seem to be correct anyways, that is probably most important. Took some time for us to figure this out with the huge fluctuations though. We couldn't really tell if any numbers at all were correct. We will simply discard any request numbers and only use impressions for our statistics.

Any idea about the invalid clicks?

Retired
gbeukeboom

pfluger wrote:

Yeah, the impressions seem to be correct anyways, that is probably most important. Took some time for us to figure this out with the huge fluctuations though. We couldn't really tell if any numbers at all were correct. We will simply discard any request numbers and only use impressions for our statistics.

Any idea about the invalid clicks?

For the invalid clicks question I would recommend starting another thread, which I see that you have, then emailing advertisingservice@blackberry.com with your account details and question. When you get an answer you can post it back to the forum thread.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor
suhelskype
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

thanks do you have any statistics on inneractive compared to BBAS