10-10-2010 10:57 PM
After some initial frustration (well, mostly due to learning curve), now our first BBAS-enabled app works well. Thanks to Bo, Joe, Mark et all.
I would like to summarize a few points hopefully to benefit others:
1. If you encounter problem, most likely reason is incorrect usage of SDK or dev env. I initially reported some problems, which later turned out to be my own problem
2. I use JDE (4.5, 4.7, 5.0) to build the loads. Both OTA and Desktop install work. Devices covers include Bold, Tour, Storm, Storm2, etc
3. The ads show up nicely in both US and Canada
If this forum allows for posting my app url (Bo?), I can share it with you.
Some would-be-nice improvements in SDK:
1. Registration doesn't allow Province selection for countries other than US
2. Would be nice if Banner can register a listener to know when ad arrives
3. Meta data usage is not friendly
4. Developer portal Unpire doesn't work yet (I see progress over weekend. Good job!)
10-10-2010 11:33 PM
Another would-be-nice request - versions of SDK:
The SDK has many sub-versions (4.5,4.6,4.7,4.7.1,5.0). Not sure if this is necessary. I test-built my app using SDK4.5, which works well on devices of 4.5,4.6,4.7 of non-touch-screen models.