Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
My Device: Tour Curve Storm Bold Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Unusually low revenue

After moving to new portal, I have seen extremely low eCPM and revenue per click ($0.003 per click). Something wrong? Anyone still counts on this revenue? Thanks.

72,377 requests
69,584 impressions
96.14% Fill Rate
208 clicks
0.30% CTR
$0.01 eCPM *
3 applications
Revenue: $0.60 * * Current Days Revenue and eCPM are not included.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unusually low revenue

Same here.

In the past I used to get $0.05 per click, which I was very happy with.

In the last 2 weeks I made about $0.006 per click.

I remember RIM saying that the new portal was expected to provide more revenue because more ad networks were expected to join.

I am now wondering if BBAS will be phased out.

Developer
My Device: Tour Curve Storm Bold Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Looking at the activities here, I think if there are no responses/improvements to developers, developers will phase out regardless of BBAS remaining or not.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

My revenue has now gone up to $0.017 per click, which is much better than previously on the new portal.

However, Millennial is either not reporting revenue on the new portal, or just not paying anything. If I assume that Millennial will pay later then I can estimate my revenue (including Millennial) to be $0.023 per click.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I got the payment for June, it is 3 time less compared to May earnings. Actually two of my apps weren't transfered to the new portal (it happened in early July) and we were warned that portal transition will result in less revenue... so I will wait for July payment, if it is the same as June, I will definitely remove the BBAS ads and will implement something else

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

We have been experiencing issues with daily reporting metrics between June and August 18th, which could play a significant factor in the reports you are seeing.  This issue has been resolved and we are working on importing the historical data.

Typically advertising volumes do increase as year’s end approaches, which could lead to greater demand and increased the yield and volume of ads flowing through the system.  We continue to work with our individual ad network partners to improve fill rates program-wide and plan to increase the number of ad feed partners in the BlackBerry Advertising Service.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

I don't see any revenue since Wednesday reported (when the new portal was launched). There is about 100,000 impressions per day from all of my apps and zero revenue?

Is the reporting broken or I really don't get any money?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry

This is likely due to a reporting issue, which is being worked on now.

Mark Sohm

QuiteSimple wrote:

I don't see any revenue since Wednesday reported (when the new portal was launched). There is about 100,000 impressions per day from all of my apps and zero revenue?

Is the reporting broken or I really don't get any money?

Can you clarify which report you are using?

If you ran the wrong report, for instance with report type as "Network" you wouldn't see revenue because that report combines data from Campaigns and Ad Feeds and does not include revenue because we wouldn't be able to report on it correctly for both in the same report. So if you want to see Revenue, you should select "Ad Feeds" as the Report Type.

Mark Sohm

Developer

I checked the data on the Dashboard tab - Overview - This month

Impressions, Clicks etc are ok, but Revenue is not - 0$ for several days in a row.

I can see some revenue for 9. October only, all the other days are 0$.

"Your Estimated Net Revenue for October" was sitting at 3$ for the last 10 days, today it jumped to 33$, although the only change is the revenue of 9. October, which is 1.42$.

The data on the dashboard just doesn't match.