Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Contributor
rainingsonic
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Unusually low revenue

This problem is most likely related to incorrect report.  I only have correct report between 9/2 - 9/13.  MMI data is not correct outside this period which may explan low revune for other developers as well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rainingsonic

Agree with previous posters, eCPM is way off, the new portal is not reporting eCPM correctly, it is 0 for quite a few advertisers.   This results in extremely low ads revenue!

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I just can't understand how the dashboard is supposed to work. See the screenshots attached:

The first one is from 16. October, the second one from 18. October, revenue is quite different

revenue_2011_10_16.PNG

revenue_2011_10_18.PNG

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

We apologize for the confusion and frustration you must be feeling over these issues with reporting and are working diligently to get this corrected.

You are using the portal correctly, but you are seeing problems with the numbers because because we had a few issues with our reporting system and processing the data we collect from our many external ad feed partners. We have corrected the data from our ad feed partners and are working on the final fixes for the Dashboard and overview reporting, which should be complete at the end of October.

While the final resolution will still take a few days, the data being displayed for "This Month Stats" now is much better and more inline with your true revenue than it was when you initially made this post, and should only have a variance from the true revenue of maybe a dollar or two. The revenue actually being reported in the "Messages" section is the definitive revenue reported to us by the partners, so you can always check that to validate if the Revenue being reporting in the Overview is correct.

With regards to revenue in general, we are taking the low revenue being generated by some developers very seriously and are actively working with our Ad Feed partners to increase the volume of BlackBerry Targeted advertising. This includes working with them on how to sell and promote BlackBerry Inventory, and looking at other partners to bring into the mix to provide targeted advertising.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stfl
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Telus

Hi,

Can you give us update, I check my revenu and it 0$ for last 2 weeks ... Do you have problem with your system ?...

Regard

Stephane,

a guy starts to look for something other than BlackBerry Advertising Service.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rainingsonic

Ultra low eCPM is the main reason why we are seeing such low revenue.  If this is not improved soon, no developers will use BlackBerry ads service anymore.  

This is getting very frustrating for all of us who spent considerable times porting our apps to support BlackBerry ads service!

Please use plain text.
Developer
pfluger
My Device: Q10, Z10

We started showing ads 2 days ago and are seeing an average $0.002 per click. This is ridiciuluously low! Even with an above average click-through-rate of 1% this leads to a near zero eCPM.

I can't imagine the ad networks are selling inventory for such a low CPC?! This could only be explained if networks mix in their in-house ads with $0 CPC, but I personally have never seen one. 

On Android using AdMob our average CPC is $0.05

We are definitely considering switching to an alternative. Anyone has any experience with an alternative ad network? Or is $0.002 CPC all that advertising customers are willing to pay for BlackBerry?

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

Give it a few days more, it seems the BBAS portal does not update real-time and the real revenue comes few days later.

I've seen an average $0.15 eCPM for the last three months.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
pfluger
My Device: Q10, Z10

Thanks for the heads up. 

The reports were showing revenue for all networks, so I though the data was already complete. I will wait and see if it changes in the next couple of days.

What banner sizes are you using? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

[ Edited ]

I use the default banner implementation

Banner bannerAd = new Banner(id, null);
            bannerAd.setMMASize(Banner.MMA_SIZE_AUTO);
            add(bannerAd);

Banner at the top of the screen, all apps are single screen apps anyway.

To answer your original question about BBAS alternatives:

I didn't check it by myself, but a fellow developer told me that other ads networks are as bad as BBAS :smileyhappy: Of course there is Nexage, but they require at least 2 mil impressions per month.

Here is a topic about using AdMob in BlackBerry, you may find it useful:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Advertising-Service/OS-6-0/m-p/772401#M351

Please use plain text.