If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Unusually low revenue

[ Edited ]

pfluger wrote:

Our stats seem to be more consistent now, too. eCPM averages somewhere around $0.10. It seems to take a couple of days up to a week until all data for a day is complete.

We are seeing a different problem though. Reports show our fill rate at only 5%. Down from an already very low 25% one month ago. 

Reporting error, problem with our app, or really no inventory available?

Anyone else seeing that low fill rates?  

Dashboard always shows 100% fillrate, but judging the requests and impressions, there is a significant drop of the fillrate in January

And some stats

November
Requests: 2,300,000
Impressions: 1,300,000
Clicks: 4,100
CTR: 0.3%
eCPM: 0.17
Revenue: $250

December
Requests: 2,500,000
Impressions: 1,700,000
Clicks: 5,000
CTR: 0.3%
eCPM: 0.07
Revenue: $140

Go figure :smileysad:

Edit: correcting the eCPM for December, it is 0.07 not 0.7

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
lagunex
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Yoigo

I can show mine too. They haven't change yet and the support team from advertisingservice@blackberry.com hasn't answered me either. It's been almost a week. Maybe they take longer to reply. They shouldn't considering all the posts and complains this critical thread has caused.

Anyway from December I have:
Requests: 48,000,000+
Impressions: 45,000,000+
Clicks: 45,000+
CTR: 0.1%
eCPM: 0.02
Revenue: $115

And from Millenial and BuzzCity I got:
Impressions: 39,000,000+ (85%)
Clicks: 38,000+ (84%)
CTR: 0.06% and 0.27% respectively
eCPM: $0
Revenue: $0

So if the bug if fixed I really need someone from support who explains to me how the Ads work and how can I make it profitable. As I've been saying, I'm new in this but my stats seems quite similar to others who have complained and show more revenue.

So, as QuiteSimple said:

GO FIGURE
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stfl
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Telus

For my my fillrate is between 10% to 19%.. VERY BAD

This is anwser for BBAS :

The low fill rate is a result of low number of targeted  BlackBerry campaigns, and since there is a correlation between fill-rate & revenue, a low fill-rate is will usually cause a drop in revenue.  We understand your concern over the low revenue,  and are working with our Ad Feed Partners to bring in more BlackBerry targeted inventory, which should help with revenue, but this will be a slow and ongoing process, so it will take some time before you see the revenue growing. Also, we have plans to bring in other Ad Feed partners to help with fill which will help bring more BlackBerry targeted advertising and greater revenue potential as well. The low revenue isn't caused by anything on the App/Network side, but actually caused by low demand for BlackBerry targeted inventory.

and Bla Bla Bla again ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcaruso
My Device: Not Specified

"The low revenue isn't caused by anything on the App/Network side, but actually caused by low demand for BlackBerry targeted inventory."

This basically sounds to me like an admission that I should take my apps over to Android and iOS since nobody wants our ad space here on BlackBerry. I'm seeing an eCPM for the last 3 months of $0.15. I don't have the high daily request rate that some other people have reported here (I'm only at about 2000/day) but seeing some posts by other people using AdMob (albeit on other platforms) they're getting upwards of $2.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

The January Ads Horror:

3,494,828 requests
713,053 impressions
20.40% Fill Rate
2,295 clicks
0.32% CTR
$0.05 eCPM 

Apparently FillRate was hit by a truck (57% for November and 68% for December) and eCPM reached a new bottom...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
lagunex
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Yoigo

Just wanted to point out that the issues with my account have been solved and that I've been working with the advertising team for a while now, setting the best options for my app.
Please use plain text.