Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Vserv: Third-party Ad SDK for Cascades

Hi folks,

If you're investigating options for advertising within your application then you'll be happy to know that official BlackBerry 10 support has been added by VServ:

http://www.vserv.mobi/mobile-app-monetization-for-developers/

If you have any feedback on the service please let me know (post below), I am in contact with the developers and can make sure they receive it.

Cheers,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shubhamm
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Vserv: Third-party Ad SDK for Cascades

actually i have tried their sample app for implementing but that was using Cascades and i am using Core C++ with cocos2d-x unable to implement it anybody have any idea how to implement it using Cocos2d-x ?? tried to contact them but no reply :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jaldhar
My Device: Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm in the same boat.  IMO, the lack of a decent and flexible advertising option is a huge hole in Blackberrys develop offerings.

gbeukeboom, some time ago we corresponded about getting BBAds to work with cocos2d-x.  Did anything come of it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shubhamm
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: BSNL

& That's why i have posted my game free of cost without in app advertisement :smileysad: and also no in app purchase because the game was ported and in the original game i was earning decent amount on another platform but on BB 10 no earning :smileysad: only contests are the way
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Jaldhar wrote:

I'm in the same boat.  IMO, the lack of a decent and flexible advertising option is a huge hole in Blackberrys develop offerings.

gbeukeboom, some time ago we corresponded about getting BBAds to work with cocos2d-x.  Did anything come of it?

Unfortunately not. The SDK was developed in such a way that it would be extremely difficult to get the ad to display in Cocos2D, you would need to re-jig the framework of Cocos2D to use a child window (if I recall correctly). Not a trivial workaround...

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob
My Device: Developer

what is the average CPM, is it anything close to google adsense for mobile?  or mmedia?  would like to know this before sending a whole bunch of traffic with no return..

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Robdob wrote:

what is the average CPM, is it anything close to google adsense for mobile?  or mmedia?  would like to know this before sending a whole bunch of traffic with no return..

You would need to ask VServ directly. 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

they don't seem to be very establiashed within north america, do you know of any others.?I'm currently exploring mmedia as I have heard some good things and they also support blackberry...

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Is your app only going to be used in North America? If not then it may still be worth giving them a shot.

As far as I know VServ is the only third-party with a BlackBerry 10 ad service SDK.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Hi,

http://mmedia.com/resources/sdk-api/blackberry/

its not exactly a SDK but it has reference docs and you can make use of request/response to their server..

currently I'm using the BB ad services,  over 50,000 requests and not one fill,  so I think I better abandon it. 

Its a real shame that blackberry adservice is poor...

Please use plain text.