Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
Robdob
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

Where do I find the ZoneID

Hi,

I'm following the instructions at:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/29369/Managing_your_ad_inventory_using_the_dev...

However when I Click on App Setup,  I can't find a "Manage" link beside my application name.

Am I supposed to wait a period of several days?  I'm really confused here and any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Where do I find the ZoneID

You can find it from:

App Setup > Manage Apps > then under the "Zones" header there will be a clickable number, click it > EXISTING ZONES > under the 'Actions' header select Choose > Code

The process is a bit long-winded. Let me know how this works for you.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

I looked for that using the instructions link that. I included but there is no link to click on

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

"Manage Apps" is a tab at the top of the page.

Have you created an app in the portal yet? That's a requisite to receiving a Zone ID.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've included a screenshot f what it looks like when I click on the "Manage Apps"  please tell me where I should be clicking because I don't see any place...

thanks

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Hover your mouse over the "Actions" column, in the rows for your various zones. The "Choose" control should appear when hovered over.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Hi,

hardly like the instructions,  I had to hover, choose zones, and then scroll to the bottom of the page, hover the mouse again and then choose Code..  Very confusing, but thank you..

Also when I view a zone, I see settings under "Invalid Zone Settings" i.e. ip Check, UA Check, Click Targeting Check.  I'm confused as to why I would have to worry about any of this when I'm using BB ad vendors shouldn't this stuff all be behind the scenes?

is there any proper documentation on this? which explains all these concepts...

thanks,

Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Now that I have added my zoneid to my banner I'm just getting it filled with my PlaceHolderImage..  will this change automatically soon?

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Yeah, the instructions are fairly outdated. The serrvice is actually provided by a third-party and we'll hopefully be getting some improvements implemented in the coming while.

And yep, you should start receiving valid ads in time. Just make sure you start seeing your requst count increasing in your dashboard, that means everything is set up correctly.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Hi,

Yes, requests are increasing,  IS there anyway to get adsense embedded within cascades?

thanks,

Please use plain text.