Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
deremi
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ads not coming

Previously, we discussed this and you said Site ID in another thread as the Appgenerator asked for SiteID.
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

My apologies, that was a mis-type. The Ad Service only uses Zone ID. All docs for tha Ad Service only reference Zone ID, the App Generator folks made a small mistake on their site which they should be in the process of resolving.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

Oh wait so all app for app gen have the same I'd then or setup as normal and have different ones. I'm confused now.
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Ideally every app will have a new entry added to the Ad Service portal so you can specify what kind of ads should be displayed, this will optmize the ad results.

The ad service will work with only one application in the portal, just not as efficiently.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
deremi
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

logically if i have apps that do the same thing and in adservice i set up waht is advertise. why would ad services care what app is generating the impression. so if i have 1 app that does the ad versus 5 that does the ads what is the difference. I was generatie site id to track is all. is this not correct?
i don't want 20 site/zone id for apps that are all doing th same thing.

I assumed that site and zone id do the same thing.(allows you to track the ads of apps) but if i don't care about which app generates it does it matter?

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

Ok I was part of the beta app gen and they said all was correct and none of my app have ads and I have 4 of them. I wonder if I need to contact them to change my I'd now. If it was incorect back then and have now changed.
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Zone and Site IDs are *not* the same. Only Zone IDs will be useful for retrieving ads associated with your account.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

ok the question is do i need to have one zone id per app or can i use the same zone id for mutplie apps.

i have a actaull bb10 app that uses it own zone id and works well just needs more ppl using it and im sure ill get more ads not worried about that one only 200 downloads.

then i have 4 app genenrator apps and over 300 + downaloads across many deivce and only 3 impression. and they all have differnet zone ids 

should it all be the same zone id.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

If all apps target the same audience in the same manner then you should be fine with just 1.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.