Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: ads not coming

That suck I’m going to change it then so I can get more ads being pushed. With multiple zone ids I’m diluting my ads then i suppose. ill use the one with the most downloads then. thanks for the help.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

So to clarify:

1) I can use the same zone id for multiple apps since they all target same Audience

2) appgen is wrong and I must use ZONEID and not SITE ID.

I now have a bunch of stuff in my appworld that are wrong and sitting there taking up my accoutn space and making it a mess.

Can I have them removed permanently?

Developer

lastly,

all apgen apps will be automatically moved and generated for BB10 correct? I read that somewhere but want to confirm.
Developer

i actual sent them an email with this threed and ask them to change mine

blackberryappgenerator@mippin.com send them a email and ask to have it changed their are very fast and great at responding back.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer

i confiremd that as well with a email a while back see below:

-------

Support for BB10 will be added early next year, prior to the BB10 launch. We will take care of everything for you - all App Generator apps which are currently live in App World will be updated to include a BB10 version.

Best regards,
App Generator Team
Developer

hmm thanks. i thoguht each app has to be recompiled
Developer

[ Edited ]

This is what I got from MIPPIN

"good news first. We can do these changes without needing to recompile the apps. All serverside magic, applied the next time the apps fetches content by connection to our backend

Bad news is that we think RIM are wrong. We did plenty of tests and only the site ID serves adverts at all (at least in the UK where we are based)

BUT if you want to take the riskwe are happy to change all your apps to use this id: *****

Your call

Best regards

The App generator Team"

Developer

[ Edited ]

hummmm very strange well in my BB10 app I have ads works great no issues needed to get lots of impression. So it did all my test on my dev and got to 1000 impression and now released it and my ads run perfect every 60second.

With only a few 100 downloads and probably not a lot of usage I can see why the ads are as often as I like but I do get ads consistently.

I use the Zone id for it

only my app generator one use site and I got only 3 ill take the chance and change it.

If the mod is seeing this it needs to be looked at further and clarified with everyone involved.  Starting to get

confusing now.

**UPDATED*** also need to know if its webworks are not and if it even makes a difference.

Developer

[ Edited ]

keep me update if your apps start working with adverts. i will do the same. i had them change all to zone id as well.

Developer

I will for sure. I sent them an email as well using one zone I'd for a 4 of my app generator apps.