Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Regular Contributor
alexchristou
My Device: 9780 & Playbook 32GB & Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Vodafone GR

advertising service and appgenarator

Hello devs. I need some help with appgenarator.

I allready submit my apps without any ad sevice because i didn't know how to use it. And i am waiting another 2-3 for approval. How am i going to add ads in it? The only option i have through appgenerator is yes or no, and if i click yes it asks for an ID. any help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jerde
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: advertising service and appgenarator

I have another question regarding the app generator and advertising. What id do I need to input into the field. It says input advertising ID, but there are a few different IDs when creating a app in the ad service. There is my general profile ID, a Site ID, and a Zone ID. Which one gets inputted?
Find me on Twitter @LunarsEdge
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jerde
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

So I figured out the answer to my question.

You need to create a new app in the BB advertising portal. Make sure you select webworks app. Then use the 'Site ID' to enter into the feild provided in the App Generator. 

That's it!

Find me on Twitter @LunarsEdge
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Fortneyland
My Device: LE Z10/PlayBook/Dev A/B/C
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I signed up and have my ads but I still can't figure out how to do it in the ads portal. With a app Gen
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Fortneyland
My Device: LE Z10/PlayBook/Dev A/B/C
My Carrier: T-Mobile

When you say new app what exactly do you mean?
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

@Jerde are your sure it should be webworks app. I have three apps right now with app generator and i have one set as webworks and still see no ads on any of my apps.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
deremi
My Device: Not Specified

I am trying to figure out what you mean by appgenerator and mippin, Isn't it the same? Don't really see options for webworks either. BBAppgenerator is made by mippin(powered by) am I missing another appgenerator out there?
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

No your correct their the same. In the ads section it give u an option to be webworks but is app gen a web works app though. I set mine as a normal app and I have another one I set as a webworks and saw no difference. Based on os 5,6,7 thee bb10 apps have not been pushed yet.
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
deremi
My Device: Not Specified

Are you referring to account on adservices when you generate the ID?
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

Yhea shoud be an option to either check off or type in webworks. Sorry not in front of a computer to tell u excatly. But when u goto ads service the ads setup it should be there.
Please use plain text.