Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Advertising Service

Contributor
nzwasp
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: advertising service and appgenarator

Why does it have to be webworks? is there documentation somewhere for both the appgenerator and the ad service?   Ive been selecting "blackberry" as the ad type instead of webworks and Ive found that there are no ads displayed (I downloaded my app to see if it had ads or not) and also that in the stats theres lots of ad requests and impressions but no clicks.

I also think the ad services categories need to be cleaned up and clearer for developers to select a chosen ad stream.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

Its not webworks no oNe has confirmed what it is yet
For old Os7 and below it should be bbos ads for bb10 it shoud be cascades ads not sure for playbook though. This might be the reason for the low fill rate and impresion vs request. BlackBerry mods please help.
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nzwasp

You know I thought that the blackberry app generator was only making apps for BB10 phones and playbooks because when you look at the design screens it only indicates those two platforms, but after approval I clicked on "supported devices" for the application in the app store and it shows pretty much every blackberry device ever made.
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

Yhea that's why its impossible that one ads number is good for such a wide range of devices.
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

For what it's worth, one of the Mippin guys told us explicitly in the Last-Chance portathon chat that the apps are NOT WebWorks. I don't think he had any particular awareness of how the advertising service works though, so for all I know the selection in the ad service portal should still be WebWorks.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

so where still waitting for some one to confirm what it should be set for.

I have tested each one for a couple of days and still see no really change.

But as i understand bb10 apps should be set to cascdes based on how they were developed and since mippin app for bb10 are cascades this is right.
problem is they also make apps for bbos 7,6,5, as well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nzwasp

Well I have my blackberry app generator apps set to "blackberry" not webworks and I still see the same blackberry ad.

I'd like to see some apps that served different ads to see what sort of ad providers they were getting.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
hemant19cse
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Reliance

Please use plain text.