Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: 125

ı need help. location update failed.

[ Edited ]

hi. i have 9780. my phone version 6.0.0.668. i open options>device>location settings>refresh location = locacion update failed. what can i do? 

[personal information removed]

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: ı need help. Location update failed.

Hello semihkati,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following article will provide you with more information on the issue you are experiencing with location services on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone:

How to troubleshoot built-in GPS issues on a BlackBerry smartphonehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11950

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: 0

9780 GPS doesn't work. Battery pull fixes for a minute, then goes bad again. 2nd phone...wife's same!

In case the subject line didn't explain enough...here.....

I had a 8900 and was happy but it used to freeze up....so Tmobile did warranty replacement and sent us (wife and me) 2 new phones. 9780's. Nice but GPS never worked....unless you do a battery pull and restart. Then it might find your location about 5 times....and then it goes out. It gives a general location(from cell tower) with the 3.2 kilometer radius....hahhahahahah like that **bleep** helps!

Wife's phone got white screen that would not go away, took it in and they ordered her a new 9780, new one's GPS does the same thing. I took mine in to Tmobile after getting really pissed the other day driving out of town and having to restart phone(battery pull) while looking for the place I was going to. They sent me another 9780 and guess what? SAME!

Dude, I called RIM's 800 line and this lady pretty much gave me the finger over the phone....told me I could pay $49 to get Tmobile's tech support guy to help me....hahhahaha

ended up transfering the call and guy on Tmobile tech support asked the same questions: Is the GPS on? have you tried updating the phone's software from the phone? Have you updated the phone using desktop software?

And last but not least my favorite: Have you tried doing a hard reset? 

Guys, time to accept some responsibility here and tell people no fix for this bug has been developed!

I've read posts about this very issue from 2011 and 2012. this is ridiculous.