Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
amostos
My Device: Not Specified

2 calendars on my BB Bold

[ Edited ]

I am using desktop manager 4.7 and after synchronize i noticed that i have 2 calendars in my BB. How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Message Edited by amostos on 02-08-2009 10:43 AM
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 2 calendars on my BB Bold

What do you mean by 2 calendar? Duplicate entries??

If two different calenders are then what are those?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amostos

Yes 2 different calendars the first being my e-mail adddress the second being the device default.
Please use plain text.
kevintech

I am having this exact same problem. Is there a way to remove the e-mail address calendar to avoid double calendar entries?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hoed0024

I am having the same problems with my BB Storm. Had all calender items twice on the BB and once in Oulook 2007. deleted one e-mail adres on the BB and now lost my data in Outlook while still having it twice in the BB. Help!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Mobilicity

One of my colleagues had this problem about 4 days ago. This is what she did to fix it:

Make sure you have the data on your computer (MS Outlook).

Connect device to Desktop Manager -- click on Backup/Restore - click on Advanced.

When the list populates on the right hand side, scroll down and highlight Calendar, and click on Clear.

If you have multiple email addresses via BIS on your BB, make sure their corresponding service books are present [CICAL].

Once that's set, sync your calendar again.

Cause: (from what we've discovered) is when you perform a sync and have calendar items on your device, THEN you add an e-mail account via BIS.
If you have the e-mail account set up, then perform a sync (add calendar items) the problem doesn't pop up.. (At least for us).
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amostos

This is exactly what I did and it worked. Just make sure to save your backup prior to deleating the master file.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hoed0024

[ Edited ]

Thanks, yesterday I "solved" the problem by resetting the device an start over again. It works now but I am scared to add another e-mail account. As I understood right I have to sync first and than add the account? Or is it not possible anymore because I had the agenda set up and synced already?

Message Edited by hoed0024 on 03-04-2009 04:51 AM
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Mobilicity

You can add e-mail accounts, but that appears to be the cause of the problem.

If you are successfully syncing your calendar without any problems, then you add another e-mail account -- this is when the problem pops up.

There has to be a fix for it. I've not really investigated the issue in depth yet. I will let you know if I find out anything.
Please use plain text.
kevintech

aingaran's post has the solution to my problem. I guess blackberry calendars were meant to be synced after e-mail has been set up.

thanks to aingaran for helping the few on this thread and possibly others.

Please use plain text.